Now Playing Music Fanart Mods (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just wanting your input, what you prefer, what you don't like, what you suggest i change.

1 CD Cases, Yellow Stars, Horizontal Divider
    mod01.jpg

2 CD Cases, Yellow Stars, No Divider
    mod02.jpg

3 CD Cases, White Stars, Horizontal Divider
    mod03.jpg

4 CD Cases, White Stars, No Divider
    mod04.jpg

5 No CD Cases, Yellow Stars, Horizontal Divider
    mod06.jpg

6 No CD Cases, Yellow Stars, No Divider
    mod05.jpg

7 No CD Cases, White Stars, Horizontal Divider
    mod07.jpg

8 CD Cases, White Stars, Horizontal Divider, Alternative Layout <- I like this one
    mod08.jpg

9 CD Cases, White Stars, No Divider, Altertnative Layout
    mod09.jpg

10 No CD Cases, White Stars, Horizontal Divider, Alternative Layout
    mod10.jpg

11 No CD Cases, White Stars, No Divider, Alternative Layout
    mod11.jpg

12 No CD Cover, Write Stars, Horizontal Divider, Alternative Layout, Bigger Playing Next Thumbnail
    mod12.jpg

13 No CD Cover, Write Stars, No Divider, Alternative Layout, Bigger Playing Next Thumbnail
    mod13.jpg

14 No CD Cover, Write Stars, Horizontal Divider, Alternative Layout, No playing next thumbnail
    mod14.jpg

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    CD Cases, White Stars, Horizontal Divider, Alternative Layout

my personal favorite, looks very clean and elegant, i'm not sure why i like the divider, since the separation is obvious anyway, but after seeing some of your screens with the divider, it just seems naked without it.

Henkie Flits

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looking great Kiwijunglist, really neat!
    I prefer:

8. CD Cases, White Stars, Horizontal Divider, Alternative Layout

Would be very nice to download this mod! Any ETA maybe?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you can add a star to the issue in the issue tracker on the google code site for streamedmp
    I'm waiting for someone to code it, all the png files are done. It will be coded when ltfearme or one of the other streamedmp creators has time, unless a user from the forum who can do skinning want to take a crack at it.

It will utilise some sort of side menu hopefully something like this
    example-sidemenu.jpg

There are some more mockups here, but i don't want to crowd that thread with too many images.

michi216

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    yes!

REALLY good work

i have been waiting for something like this since ages - cant wait to download it :D

i like version 3 best

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I vote for number 9.

Here's my opinions:
    * The divider isn't really needed as the layout works excellently without, and my old boss (art director by trade) always said that a layout that worked without frames is better than one relying on framing.

* The CD frame is nicely centered under the StreamedMP top bar to the left. I could live without this, but then the CD cover would have to be wider to match the top bar IMHO.

* The artist text would be nice to have some sort of accentuation on it (black outline/shadow?) as it's the exact same size as the song title or you could just add " and " around the song title?

* If the CD frame is removed (and album art is enlarged) the text would look better aligned with the frame i.e. the StreamedMP top bar.

* Having the meters skinned to fit more with the theme of the skin would also be awesome.

Very awesome work.
    Emph

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I actually prefer the old graphics equaliser, however this is just an animation that stop/starts with playback, it doesn't actually represent EQ or levels. If any one has any screenshots of what they think the meter should like look, post the link and i could try and make an alternative one. FYI: The meter is made up of 10 images representing the volume level of each channel, so it doesn't function like an EQ. Here are the current sound meters Analog and Digital

I started work on my own mymusicplayingnow.xml, unfortunately the fade transition between the artist image and the overlay doesn't look as smooth in mediaportal cf photoshop, I think mediaportal doesn't do a nice a job of displaying partially transparent images. The solution to this is to either redo the overlay and make a more gradual fade or cleverly place the items (eg. cd cover / stars / divider) over the fade transition to make it look smoother.

I vote for number 9.
    * The divider isn't really needed
    * The artist text would be nice to have some sort of accentuation on it (black outline/shadow?) as it's the exact same size as the song title or you could just add " and " around the song title?
    * If the CD frame is removed (and album art is enlarged) the text would look better aligned with the frame i.e. the StreamedMP top bar.
    * Having the meters skinned to fit more with the theme of the skin would also be awesome.

15 With your suggested changes + My go @ drawing a simple VU meter
    mod15.jpg

16 Modified VU meter from another website
    mod16.jpg

17 Modified VU meter from another website
    mod17.jpg

18 Modified VU meter from another website
    mod18.jpg

Henkie Flits

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Definately the first: the rest just doesn't fit in the rest of the design. Way too flashy.
    The first one is just right.

nokmond

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry for being a noob but how can I get music art in Streamedmp? :oops:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your not a noob, the xml file for the above screenshot hasn't been coded yet. (I am waiting for a developer to code it for me). Click here and add a star.

If you want fanart right now you can do the following.
    Make a backup copy of mymusicplayingnow.xml from the \skin\streamedmp\ directory
    Now edit mymusicplayingnow.xml in notepad
    Find the following code (near the top)

Code:
        <control>
          <description>music background image</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>0</posX>
          <posY>0</posY>
          <width>1280</width>
          <height>720</height>
    [COLOR="Red"][B]      <texture>#header.hover</texture>[/B][/COLOR]
          <animation effect="fade" time="400" delay="0">WindowOpen</animation>
        </control>

Change it to

Code:
        <control>
          <description>music background image</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>0</posX>
          <posY>0</posY>
          <width>1280</width>
          <height>720</height>
    [COLOR="Red"][B]      <texture>C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Artists\#Play.Current.ArtistL.jpg</texture>[/B][/COLOR]
          <animation effect="fade" time="400" delay="0">WindowOpen</animation>
        </control>

This uses C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Artists\ and looks for files called %artistname%L.jpg

These files are automatically creating by the audioscrober plugin that is built into mediaportal. Find and enable it in MP Config, under process plugins, use it to automatically download artist images for your entire library, it will automatically put the files into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Artists\

If you are using Vista then the directory name is slightly different

EDIT: you could also probably easily mod this screen into streamedmp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom