Now Playing -> Switch between Milkdrop and Fanart via Button (1 Viewer)

BigBear

Portal Pro
February 13, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP /newest Patch
Windows Version: Win7/32bit
CPU Type: core i3
HDD: 80gb
Memory: 2GB

Hi Guys, as far as i know, when i configure the mp music section to display visualisation when in now playing i get the nice milkdrop stuff. that works just great.

When i completely disable visualisation (uncheck the "Use visualisation in now playing" and also disable visualisation) i get the fanart, cover, link to mylyrics and so on...

Now the thing is i sometimes like visualisations and sometimes i want the fanart. do i really have to go into the configuration to change it every time? Or is there a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable visualisation? and how do i have to configure the music-section to get this to work?

btw right now im not using the music database. just browsing through the folders.

:D for any help and suggestions!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's you and me would love to see this enabled as a on\off for viz within gui, and a lot of other people I suspect as well ;)

BigBear

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    so lets wait for mp2 i guess :) Or maybe it is possible to use the internal player and now playing for vis and maybe one of the other music plugins for a fanart based style? I have to say i never tried any of the music plugins...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    if you set viz up but do not set to show on now playing you should get fanart and everything will work without viz

then if you go fullscreen (x on keyboard or red button on remote) you will get full screen viz. Press again and you are back at fanart.

Don't have milkrop installed but this should work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom