NSIS error while building TVEngine3 installer? (1 Viewer)

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
April 9, 2009
Hi!

Can anybody help me to build TVEngine3 installer for current SVN?
The Build Deploy Release.bat ends with
Code:
File: failed opening file "..\..\..\TvEngine3\TVLibrary\TVServer.Base\TuningParameters\dvbc\Finland.Jarvenpaa-Elisa.xml"
Error in script "Setup\setup.nsi" on line 410 -- aborting creation process

And yes - the real filename is Finland.Järvenpää-Elisa.xml . Looks like NSIS inability to handle unicode filenames.
So I tried NSIS Unicode, the errors gone, installer builded ok, but - when stated, shuts up with "Sorry, your OS is currently not supported by MediaPortal" error.

XP SP3, NSIS 2.46 (or NSIS Unicode 2.45.1)

What else is needed to build working TVEngine3 installer from current SVN?

Thanks in advance!

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Arion, our Greek dev, had the same issue. I think the fix was to rename that file to something without unicode chars. We are waiting for NSIS to get official unicode support.

I'm interested in the failing OS check. Can you post a "winver" screenshot and one from the NSIS error mesasge please ?

Simone

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    I think the fix was to rename that file to something without unicode chars.
    But installers published here are expanding with proper unicode filenames, so I suspect some issue on my side...

Well, installer made with NSIS Unicode ends with this message:

Attachments

• OS_not_supported.png
      OS_not_supported.png
      31.3 KB

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: NSIS error while building TVEngine3 installer?

Regarding the OS check the msg box does not help.
    But the OS which is detected should be written to "install-*.log" in mp dirs log.
    Could you please attach that one?

If you are using the unicode build of NSIS, we can not give any support or guarentee that it contains the same code (macros......) like the official, because it is only tested with latest nsis version, which is not yet available, iirc.

thx
    Tommy

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Re: AW: NSIS error while building TVEngine3 installer?

But the OS which is detected should be written to "install-*.log" in mp dirs log.
    Could you please attach that one?
    Sorry, but "made by unicode NSIS" installer does not write any logs or I just can not find them.
    (And install_1.0.5.0_2010-02-20_16-05-33.log of RC1 does not contain any info about the OS either).

If you are using the unicode build of NSIS, we can not give any support or guarentee that it contains the same code (macros......) like the official, because it is only tested with latest nsis version, which is not yet available, iirc.

Yes, I do understand - but usage of unicode build of NSIS was no more than enforced try to find workaround for NSIS 2.46 inability to handle unicode filenames, which was the main problem of my original post...

Evzen

Portal Member
    February 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Just tried to build my own SVN using the freshly available NSIS Unicode 2.46 RC1 and still getting the "Your operating system is not supported" error when starting the installation.
    I know it's not supported, but still wondering where the problem can be...
    My OS is Win XP Pro 32bit SP3, nothing special...

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    You don't need the Unicode NSIS installer (and we can never now what could go wrong with it since it has not been tested by the team). Just follow this tip:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mpiling-error-network-drive-80674/#post604208
    (the title is misleading, the original posted assumed the problem was the network drive but in fact it was regional settings).

Evzen

Portal Member
    February 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Yep, I know about this solution, it works fine and I used it.
    But I'd still like to know what is the problem when using the Unicode NSIS... the error is so strange...

Actually, the workaround works only "by coincidence" - because currently the only non-low-ASCII characters in the filenames are from the Western charset. If one of the files would use other charset (for example Czech, i.e. Eastern European... or Greek, or Russian, etc.), switching to US regional settings will be useless and the workaround won't work.

Until unicode is supported by the official NSIS release, the only way to continue is to rename all files in SVN to not use accented characters.
    Who is the authority to approve renaming the files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom