ntl ex c&w scanning for channels with floppydtv-c (1 Viewer)

needhelp

Portal Member
May 28, 2006
Hi
Got everything setup like it should except for the freq lists for scanning for channels on ntl ex c&w area, closest I came was using the telewest freq list but that only found 41 channels and I'm not in a telewest area anyway. Anyone here know how to help ? please

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

My understanding is that NTL are slightly out of the DVB spec so you may have problems but keep us informed.
    What you need to do is to is the get the frequencies and QAM settings NTL use for thier channels.

Sometime you can get this info off the provider or off their STB.
    Alternatively try another BDA aware tuning program such as MyTheatre and if you have success note the tuning parameters and then create your own DVBC file.
    Send it to me when done and I'll add it to the build.

DMAN

needhelp

Portal Member
    May 28, 2006
    dman_lfc
    Have done a scan with mytheatre and got myself 349 channels
    made my dvbc file with the same frequencys etc scanned with it and all that happens is it sort of finds the channels ie when scanning signal strength and quality bars go to full and it says getting info but it NEVER gains 1 single channel. Can only be a mediaportal problem as I get channels with my theatre and gbpvr. Any ideas?

needhelp

Portal Member
    May 28, 2006
    sorted it now searched the forums a little deeper and found that by uninstalling rc04 and installing rc02 and scanning with that I get all the channels just got to copy the channel list then reinstall rc04.
    But it means that Rc04 must have a bug in it for it not to pick up channels with the same scan...

cjwilber

June 5, 2006
    Sorry if this is slightly off thread, but I am also a UK NTL user and I would like to use the floppyDTV with MediaPortal.
    I have not been able to get a definitive answer from anywhere about what CAM should be used and how to use the TV-Card from the set top box - I understood it to be locked to the STB
    I would appreciate any pointers.

needhelp

Portal Member
    May 28, 2006
    you will need a dragon cam which emulates nagra encryption.
    You will need to know the box key from the set-top box as you have to enter it into the cam to enable it to work. It MUST be the correct box key or the card will not work at all.

needhelp

Portal Member
    May 28, 2006
    @ cjwilber
    Been playing with this further the past couple of days and my advice being if you don't wanna waste a load of cash avoid the floppydtv/ firedtv products like the plague. Only channels that will clear are bbc1 and bbc2 got my boxkey exactly right this I know for sure but still won't actually work. my advice get a technotrend 2300 use gbpvr as its much better for uk cable use

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom