NVidia Forceware > 94.20 with VMR9 and wrong deinterlacing (1 Viewer)

Franky

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
ITALY
Home Country
Italy Italy
hope somebody here can test and comment this problem or help me.

Briefly the problem is:
If I use any nVidia driver (Forceware) newer than 94.20 I get a wrong deinterlaced image from MediaPortal on all mpeg2 interlaced material with DXVA on.
In detail:
The tests are made on a XP 32 bit system and with all the last 6 months svn.
I have tried all the new drivers from nVidia after 94.20 on 2 different HTPC with the follow nvidia boards: gigabyte 7600gt, xfx7950gts, gigabyte 8600gts. If I enable DXVA (hardware acceleration) I get a wrong deinterlace. With wrong deinterlace I mean that seems the odd rows are swapped with even rows creating a stepladder effect always present but more evident on the diagonal contours.
I tried with cyberlink (6 and 7) and nvidia mpeg2 decoders with the same issue.
If I force deinterlacing option in forcebob or waves in nvidia or cyberlink I get something better if the image is very slow or stop and a comb effect with movement. If I play a DVD where odd and even filds are the same (filmic mode) I don’t get the problem.
Nothing of that with 94.20 drivers or older…
I tried same situation with some other Players and HTPC software like dvbViewer and this doesn’t happens.
It’s more than six months I try to change the nVidia drivers on my HTPC because I thing there are a lot of improvements with the newest , but I Can’t use MP TV and Movie and DVD and I can’t live without…. So please help me!
Last tests with Forceware 163.44 on 8600 on XP without any improvement…
I tried new tsreader too with any improvement.
I see we are working on EVR and I hope will be better with that but in the meanwhile I would like to use VMR9 with hardware acceleration.
Thank you

Here an image of the wrong deinterlacing:

Franky

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
ITALY
Home Country
Italy Italy
Any idea or somebody with the same issue or same configuration without problem?
Here the graph used for example with cyberlink and standard TV:

The interlacing problem is present but the image is to small to be perceived.

Here another clear example of the problem:

the follow is the same image without dxva on or with drivers 94.20 (don't consider the colors but only contours)

Anybody with nVidia drivers over 94.20 and dxva on with Cyberlink or nvidia has this problem?
Thank you

crazypotato

Portal Member
September 11, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi Franky,

I have the same problem. DVA off does make better pictures, but it is still bad if you compare it to other programs. The picture quality is just bad. The NV PV is supposed to produce the best mpeg2 picture quality. I hope those MP people are aware of it and will fix it soon.

crazypotato

Portal Member
September 11, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is there anything I can tweak around in the code level? I can get the code from SVN and play around with it.

Can you point me to the area in the code where I can tweak it?

Thanks.

Try setting it to pixel adaptive. All of the other options from DXVA are poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom