nvidia gfroce 3 cutting the taskbar on tv? (1 Viewer)

zeltak

Portal Member
November 8, 2005
Hi all

i use my htpc with the tv out option with my Nvidia gforce 3 card (i know its old ). the thing is that with a computer monitor its all ok. when i take my htpc and connect it to a tv i get the taskbar 80% cut and cant see most of it. i tried playing around with the nvidia options but with no luck at all...i cant seem to find anyway to fix this anoyying thing..can anyone help?

thx in advance

Zeltak

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It's overscan.

What version of the drivers are you using? Newer drivers let you adjust to compensate for overscan.

I just configure the GUI to accomodate the overscan. WhenI need to configure the HTPC, I VNC over to it configure from there.

I use TightVNC.

zeltak

Portal Member
    November 8, 2005
    thx for the answer. i am not using the latest drivers,its an asus card and im using the latest form their site since with the latest ones from nvidia the tv out just doesnt work...ive tried everything with it.

zeltak

chili

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2004
    somewhere in the bowels of Texas
    You can adjust the Media Portal screen in the setup within the program, but you may be stuck in Windows if the drivers do not have any type of correction. Like the Commodore said, if it's a problem for you, you may have to VNC in.

Does your tv have any other connection options?

Baron

Portal Member
    December 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    I have the same Problem with my Ati Radeon Card! The Problem is, that the Ati Driver don't allow TV Resolution higher than 1024X768! If my Monitor has 1280x1024, than the TV cut something! If the Resulotion is 1024x768 everything ist fine. Maybe the Nvidia Driver has the same Problem!?
    Have you tested the TV-Tool for Nvidia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    WedgeCan, Gcarr, I downloaded mc2xml.exe from the internet Archive link you provided and I now have Zap2It guide data again. Thanks for the link!!!
    WedgeCan, Gcarr, I downloaded mc2xml.exe from the internet Archive link you provided and I now have Zap2It guide data again...
    Starting on Oct 1st, MC2XML quit running for me. It now starts and then instantly silently exits. This happens on all three of my...
    Replies
    Views
    The throuble is here: The 'why' is a different question. Your server log has unfortunately been taken in INFO mode. You can switch the log level in the Client settings (see 'General'). Please try a restart of the MP2 Server Service under Windows Services. The service will be stopped and restarted, may take some time. Then check if...
    The throuble is here: The 'why' is a different question. Your server log has unfortunately been taken in INFO mode. You can...
    With which version of MediaPortal did you encounter the problem? MediaPortal Version: 2.2.3 Describe the Problem you encounter...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
    I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
    Replies
    Views
    Recently I have been trying to reduce or eliminate juddering on my system. I notice it particularly with: Horizontal panning (e.g. in travel or nature documentaries) Horizontal "ticker tape" news feeds (e.g. "Sky News" channel) Vertically scrolling programme credits (e.g. "Mock the Week") I originally had my Nvidia screen-config set...
    Recently I have been trying to reduce or eliminate juddering on my system. I notice it particularly with: Horizontal panning (e.g...
    Tinkering with using MadVR. I'm still running a 1080p TV, but have plenty of old DVD rips that I haven't updated yet, and my next...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom