Nz epg issues!!! (1 Viewer)

twocoolkiwis

Portal Member
September 26, 2009
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
:confused: I have been using FreeviewToXMLTV to get EPG info for the past 6 months with no problems until last week it just stopped working, (wont run the FreeviewToXMLTV.exe. file) also TV3 has started stuttering every 5 seconds. Has anyone else had these problems? if so any solutions would be much appreciated?

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1
MediaPortal Skin: Purevision
Windows Version: VISTA HOME PREMIUM
CPU Type: AMD 64 X2 5000+ Dual Core
HDD: WD 500GB SATAll 7200rpm
Memory: 2x1GB DDR2-800
Motherboard: GIGABYTE MA78GM-S2H AMD
Video Card: ONBOARD ATI 3200
1. TV Card: WinTV Nova T 500 HD DUAL DVB-T
HTPC Case: ANTEC FUSION
TV: SONY BRAVIA 32inch
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

twocoolkiwis

Portal Member
September 26, 2009
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks mm1352000 the "prefer AC3 option" works sweet as. Not good news about the FreeviewToXMLTV file:mad:. Do you know of any other way to get the EPG working?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you tried the EPG Collector?
    Fantastic project that I'm involved with for testing. Would highly recommend it. New release with major improvements due to drop tomorrow. Would recommend waiting until then to try it out... ;)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It is a great plug-in, I noticed work on it quite a few months back and then went to check it out a few weeks ago and my god, a gui now and every thing... Project snowballed... Good stuff..

sk8dude

Portal Member
    October 13, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does EPG Collector work without a satelite feed and does it support the download of Sky listings?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi sk8dude

EPG Collector collects the EPG data that is broadcast by the TV providers (eg. Freeview, Sky). It does not download or scrape data from websites, or redistribute the data (host it on a server so everyone can download it). This means everyone who uses it needs their own tuners (DVB-S, DVB-T, DVB-C... whatever format your channels are in) that can tune to the providers that they want data for. In your case, you need a satellite tuner that can tune in to Sky (Optus D1 12519H) to collect the Sky data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom