[OBSOLETE] Latest Test Version of MCE Replacement Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello,

I'll be keeping this thread up to date with the latest test version of the plugin. When a test version proves reliable I will post a new Release Version of the plugin on the download section.

What's new in this test version?

Version 1.4.2: (Preview)
    * Fixed Macro command for Multi-Mapping.
    * Fixed XP and Replacement driver blasting bug that has existed since October.
    * Fixed another XP and Vista suspend/resume bug. When will it all end? ;)
    * New macro commands (Send MP Action and Send MP Message).
    * Can now set remote and keyboard repeat rates to mimic system keyboard repeat rate settings.
    * Fixed a major STB Channel changing bug.
    Preview 4:
    * Fixed an SMK brand receiver issue that was preventing some from receiving remote buttons.
    * Added protocol support for Pace Foxtel STBs. (Foxtel DC420NF user please verify).
    RC1:
    * Minor bug fixes and recompile for MediaPortal 1.0 RC1.

Version 1.0.4.1:
    * Fix in Vista default driver suspend/resume handling.
    * Slight change to STB blasting (might need to be reconfigured).

2007-12-18:
    * Re-synchronized InputHandler with MediaPortal.
    * Jens has helped me get 64-bit MCE remote support working properly, finally! :)
    * Added a swag of new STB presets.
    * Simplified Macro file format. Old macro's must be converted or rebuilt. This change will speed up the introduction of new features.
    * There is a known issue with Standby/Resume in Windows Vista... Stay tuned.

2007-10-28:
    - Modified IR learn method. This should improve blasting for some people.
    - Fixed repeating IR decoding in JVC, RC5, RC6 and NEC protocols.
    - Fixed Sony SIRC IR decoding, now works for 8, 12, 15 and 20 bit protocol variations (instead of just 15-bit).
    - Added Daewoo, Matsushita, Mitsubishi, Nokia NRC17, Panasonic, and Toshiba protocol decoding.
    - Attempted to fix Suspend/Resume problems. Please let me know if this still happens and what driver and Os you're using.

2007-10-12:
    - Two versions. Please use debug when you find a bug to generate logs.
    - Bug fixes.
    - Bug in rename of IR commands and macros fixed.
    - Fixed bug in External channel mapping.
    - Missing path in installer added.

2007-10-10:
    - Bug fixes.
    - Added ability to rename ir commands and macros.
    - Added ability to nest macros within macros.

2007-10-03:
    - Bug fixed in button mapper.

2007-10-02:
    - Complete rework of the device interface, bringing it into line with IR Server Suite.
    - Lots of code refactoring. You will need to start almost from scratch...

2007-06-16:
    - Installer now supports 0.2.3.0

2007-05-20:
    - New feature that if proven useful I will integrate into MediaPortal: Ability to specify a window ID by number instead of just by name in the Input Mapper. This lets you specify any window as a condition (including 3rd party plugin windows) in the input mapper, and it also lets you specify any window as a jump to target. As I say, if it proves useful I will incorporate into MediaPortal.

2007-05-19:
    - Forgot to upload this earlier, it now supports entering a window ID number for the Goto macro command. This lets you jump into plugins that were never part of the original distribution.

2007-04-14:
    - Removed Toggle Window State macro command, it was causing crashes, though not with everyone it seems ... odd. I'll look at adding it back in later.

2007-04-08:
    - New STB quick setup option for ADB 3100 and Scientific Atlanta 3250
    - New macro commands (Toggle Input Layer, Toggle Window State, Get Focus, Exit MediaPortal, Standby, Hibernate, Reboot, Shutdown)
    - Bug fixes, including input mapping fix for MediaPortal 0.2.2.0 version.

2007-03-23:
    - Change to MCE Replacement plugin and driver to improve compatibility.
    - Bug fix.
    - Work in progress: new macro commands.

If you have any problems or suggestions please post in this sub-forum and make sure to mention what version of the plugin you're using, I'll keep this thread just for announcing new test versions.

Cheers,

Attachments

• MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.1.zip
      30.7 KB
    • MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.2 (Preview 4).zip
      30.7 KB
    • MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.4.2 RC1.zip
      30.7 KB

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes and No. It's not a TV Server plugin, so it won't work on the server, but it will work on the client.

I'll be putting a new plugin in this sub-forum very soon that will work on the TV Server... I'll say more about that later. So stay tuned.

EDIT: Done. Try this one for the TV Server:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=15809

Cheers,

madsrh

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi and-81
    Sounds great, really like the new feature. Why is this plugin not included in MP or have you already planed that for the next MP version?

I will post a new Release Version of the plugin on the download section.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey,

Well, there are a lot of reasons for that... Here's just a couple off the top of my head.

1. I'm not a part of the development team, so it's not my call.

2. The plugin is still very new. It's only been around for a few months.

3. The plugin is still under heavy development / re-development. I'm constantly changing things behind the scenes. And there's a lot of big changes coming after this test release is finalised.

4. The plugin does not yet support Vista, which is a VERY BIG deal. It couldn't possibly be integrated in without Vista support. I'm hoping to remedy this in the next month. I know how to add support for Vista, I just don't have a copy of Vista to develop on... Maybe if I could VNC to someone's Vista box for testing ???

5. The plugin still has bugs. I hate to admit it, but it doesn't work 100% for everyone. The main problem at the moment is the IR Learning process.

6. It's pretty complicated. I think if I was integrating it into MediaPortal I'd work on that, but still ...

I'm very proud of the plugin, and nothing would make me prouder than to have it integrated into MediaPortal. But that's still some way off I think. Maybe if we can check off some of those points listed above ...

Anyway, I hope you get a lot out of the plugin, if you have any questions or suggestions you know where I live ... here ... in this forum ... my own little piece of MediaPortal land :)

Cheers,

janno

Portal Member
    July 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

is it possible to have a macro or action to change the skin. I need to change the skin from 4:3 on a TV to a 16:9 skin on a beamer.
    And I need a macro to restart mediaportal without reboot.

I aranged macros to switch between 576i Profile and 768p Profile of the nvidia 6200 geforce Graphics-Card. The macros run the program 'AutoHotkey' that changes the Profiles via HotKeys.
    So, the thing is to change the skins and restart mediaportal.

thanks,

Janno

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Janno,

There is nothing in the plugin that can do that right now.

Because the plugin is running inside mediaportal I don't know how I could make it independantly stop and restart mediaportal... I mean, it could be done, but I don't think it would be easy. Unless mediaportal has a restart function built into it? I'd have to check. Changing the skin is the easy part, but restarting mediaportal would be needed to make the skin change work.

I can't make any promises about this one, but I'll look into it and if I come up with something I'll let you know.

Also, now that MCE Replacement Plugin has it's own sub-forum, questions like this one would be better off in a new thread. That way anyone else who is interested in the same feature will find it easily. Questions like this get lost when they are in a thread that started for a different reason.

Thanks,

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

is it possible to have a macro or action to change the skin. I need to change the skin from 4:3 on a TV to a 16:9 skin on a beamer.
    And I need a macro to restart mediaportal without reboot.

It might not do quite what you need, but the MyRefresh plugin (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Utilities/MyRefresh/) allows you to refresh the current skin by pressing F5 - might be somewhere to start?

Don't know if it's been updated for latest versions, though...

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's what I thought, so I downloaded it, but it doesn't come with source code. So I don't know how he's doing it. And from the description it only reloads the XML not the graphics. So for a complete skin switch you'd probably have to totally restart MediaPortal ... and even though I have a couple of ideas on how to do that, it's not gunna be a quick 5 minute job to whip up a plugin to do it.

I'll see what I can do...

Cheers,

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi all,

This plugin is so useful! I just configured it to turn off my TV and surround system with the TV-button through the use of IR Learning and Macro-programming and IRBlasting through the MCE remote. Cool!

I have one question/suggestion on the Mouse Mode. In MP I have used EasyApp to be able to start Firefox with some different home pages. It is great to have the Mouse Mode available to click on links etc but it is a bit cumbersome to close the Firefox-window when I'm done. Could for instance the "Back"-button be preprogrammed to emulate "Alt-F4" or something?

Or perhaps there is a more clever way to accomplish the same thing?

/Peter

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom