Odd and more odd TVDB behaviour. (1 Viewer)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi.

Yesterday, decided to re-vamp my Doctor Who (2005) files, so re-encoding, and shufling for disk space.

On completion, deleted several seasons from MPTVSeries data base and went to reinstall them - then it started:)

The deleted seasons were 100% correctly identified in import, correctly identified as Doctor Who (2005) and all looked good.

Then lookup fails - with this error message:

2017-04-17 16:11:10.111 [INFO][08]: Failed to load XML: The 'Episode' start tag on line 6766 position 2 does not match the end tag of 'Data'. Line 9590, position 3.

Ok, perhaps I've got the DB tied in a knot, so tried same import on my dev machine [points to same files but as network mount] - and same result.

After some time [reviewed DB by hand, cleaned out cache, re-rechecked import....] still stuck. Finally from following the logs I worked out how to get the TheTVDB data direct - http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/series/78804/all/en.zip [using my own APIKEY].via browser, so no MPTVSeries interaction.

The en.xml then gave up the secret:

Line 6766:

<Episode>
    <id>327381</id>
    <Combined_episodenumber>12.0</Combined_episodenumber>
    <Combined_season>3</Combined_season>
    <Episode>
    <id>363699</id>

So, the packed en.xml is broken and a section of the episode data missing:)

I then deleted Doctro Who (2005) from DB, did a re-import but this time I deselected season 3, episode 12 and full import of around 140 episodes now worked.

So I wondered if the S03E12 entry was corrupt on TheTVDB, but it looks fine, so I redid import, this time only S03E12 being selected and that works fine, so I now have complete & current listings.

Why the specific combination [I deleted couple of other series from DB as parallel tests, which all installed 100% no problem while debugging] of that series and that set of seasons/episodes resulted in the systematically broken en.xml I've no idea -

Posted for information and interest only MPTVSeries did what it could with the data provided and logged all the info needed:)

TTFN - JCMP

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Or sign up at TheTVdB, fix the corrupted entry, and problem solved.

It is a community contributed solution, so jump on board and help others :)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    What corrupted entry would that be - from my posting "So I wondered if the S03E12 entry was corrupt on TheTVDB, but it looks fine, so I redid import, this time only S03E12 being selected and that works fine,"o_O

The en.xlm was corrupt [section missing so creating a hanging open Episode section} ONLY when down loading for entire series to date [actually found problem before down loading the whole thing but don't recall exactly how many episodes, probably around 90-100] - the specific ENTRY is not corrupt as far as I can see and when updated as a single item, there is no fault.

I cannot see a condition that a USER edit could change that would result in borked entry:eek:

Also I am signed up for the TVDB, have been for a long time, so was more than happy to make a correction if I found error(y)

Cheers - J.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Sometimes all you have to do is resubmit an entry, or verify all the different language entries, as the TheTVdB API might freak out over incorrect data in say Norwegian, even when you are pulling English.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hm - ok, could see that, single request, single thread no problem, multiple [some number greater then X] requests, multiple threads, one gets chomped and does not return completed thread so XML structure is incomplete - can't say it exactly an obvious consideration however, review a decade old entry in 8 languages [all of which look good - I just checked:( - didn't cross my mind:cool:

Are requests cached - given I got same error on two machines wonder if it was same extract being returned [request where the same] - as I've just re-tested, pulling the en.zip by hand again and it's 100% this time, no errors and MPTVSeries import I ran after is 100% as well.:confused:

Cheers - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom