On Network Shares, deleting a movie can delete multiple movies and directories! (1 Viewer)

bobbozzo

Portal Member
May 24, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.8.0

Description
MP version is 1.6; it wouldn't let me choose 1.6 above...

Moving Pictures version 1.6.2.1556

I have local and network drives connected on my HTPC.

Some folders have 1 movie per folder, some have multiple.

Twice now, when deleting a movie on a network share in a folder with other movies, the entire folder is deleted!

Last night, it happened again, and more folders in the parent folder from the movie were deleted.

This is very frustrating.

Please let me know if more info is needed.

Thank you,
Bob

Steps to Reproduce:
use Moving Pictures?
use a network share with multiple movies in folder
delete a movie using Info - Movie Options - Delete Movie

Intermittent; only has happened twice that I've noticed.[DOUBLEPOST=1418269004][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm using Titan Extended, LAVFilters, IMDB+, SubCentral, and Subtitle Downloader, fwiw.

Bob

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @bobbozzo, in Moving-Pictures config on movie details, were any of those movies grouped together as multi-part?

Default MovPic setting is to group movies inside the same folder, meaning they are all seen as CD1/CD2/CD+ of the same movie. Deleting one of those then will indeed correctly delete all the others. So be sure to disable that option to auto group movies in the same folder.

bobbozzo

Portal Member
    May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @bobbozzo, in Moving-Pictures config on movie details, were any of those movies grouped together as multi-part?

Default MovPic setting is to group movies inside the same folder, meaning they are all seen as CD1/CD2/CD+ of the same movie. Deleting one of those then will indeed correctly delete all the others. So be sure to disable that option to auto group movies in the same folder.

Hi, I actually have that setting disabled.

None of the movies I deleted that time were multiple files.

I've now stopped putting multiple movies in one folder as I can't afford to keep losing them.

Thanks,
    Barry

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I group movies on genre, so I got a bunch of movies in the same folder, and never lost more then the ones I deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom