ON-THE-FLY Audio delay like media player classic (1 Viewer)

mediortal

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
I have about 30 video files that have an audio sync issue, they aren't all exactly the same though.

Now if I play them in mpchc, I cant change the audioshift on the fly, and roughly the right spot that fixes it is about -250ms.

In mediaportal I found the ACTION_AUDIO_DELAY, so I just assigned 2 buttons on the remote to MIN and PLUS, but nothing changes when I press them.

Is this command similar to the audioshift in MPCHC?

If it is, can it be shown by osd, what are the increments, and does it reset when the next video is loaded?

thanks.

mediortal

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
Re: what exactly does ACTION_AUDIO_DELAY do?

So Im assuming then that this command does nothing?

Is there another way to adjust audio delay on the fly with a remote??

ejvdh

Portal Member
February 26, 2010
Re: what exactly does ACTION_AUDIO_DELAY do?

I would also be interested to know how this function works and why it only goes one way.

Some dvd's when encoded end up having audio and video out of sync (for reasons unknown to me, re-encoding results in the same problem) and rather than try to solve this the hard way by changing the file itself, I was glad to have discovered this function in MP. Only to find out that it doesn't seem to work and can only solve audio ahead of the video, not audio lagging?

Can someone explain?

Thanks.

mediortal

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
Media Portal is now 1.1 Final, is there any settings for this yet?

would really like to know this.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wampus [MP2-752] Record-Button not working on the fly General 7
Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
W [solved] Incorrect audio being reported Moving Pictures 4
404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
ninja 12 Audio dropouts with Dolby / DTS watch/edit Videos 12
bta489 [solved] DVB-T2 Recordings: Sometimes no Audio after muxing with mkvmerge Tools and other software 2
T [solved] MP2 Switch off visualisation when listening to audio....PLEASE!!! General 23
azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
S Remote button to change audio and subtitle on / off General 10
F Audio render and font error in my logs General Support 2
R [solved] Command / Shortcut for changing subtitles or audio Archive 5
K Multichannel audio and subtitles for TV not properly supported General Support 4
Glith Audio out of sync after pause. Rewind 15sec gets it into sync again. MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
C ARC Audio Renderer Changer: wo kann man es konfigurieren? Video & DVD 15
joecrow No Audio after MP Start/Resume from Sleep General Support 0
C Ability to browse videos and audio by folder General 2
Lichloathe Offline audio content General 9
G How best to get cover art for tracks to show up on the Audio Menu (Latest Added, Unplayed)? General 9
Ralph Holmes Wrong audio source in TV General 1
CyberSimian [Proposal] Audio description MediaPortal 1 10
ge2301 [fixed] [MP2-807] Problem when switching player in PiP mode with audio files MediaPortal 2 32
cladinshadows85 [solved] Audio playing mutiple times over video and crashing General 8
H Live TV info OSD not displaying number of audio channels General Support 3
T Moving Pictures...seem to have 'lost' ability to display Movie info. (eg Resolution/Audio) Moving Pictures 2
N [fixed] [MP2-786] Cannot play audio playlist with >=1000 entries 2.2 Archive 36