one CAM and card with two FireDTV/FloppyDTV (1 Viewer)

buffelen

Portal Member
March 21, 2008
Hi, is it possible to use more than one FireDTV/FloppyDTV and only CAM and card in one of them to view on diffrent scrambeled channels on two clients? I have one FireDTV and one floppyDTV, but i can only view one coded channel at the time, but i can view channels thats not coded, so everything works, but isnt it possible to decode more than one channel at the time?

Best regards
PWB

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
In MP it is possible to record multiple scrambled channel on the same transponder (or frequency). For instance if channel 1,2,3 and 4 are on the same transponder, they can be recorded with 1 FLoppyDVB. 1 thing you need to set is the CAM limit, can be found in 2nd picture: TV-Server/Configuration/TVServers - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation
If you have 1 FloppyDVB that has a CAM and a FireDTV that hasn't, then you can record multiple scrambled and unscrambled with the FloppyDVB and only free to air with FireDTV.

buffelen

Portal Member
March 21, 2008
In MP it is possible to record multiple scrambled channel on the same transponder (or frequency). For instance if channel 1,2,3 and 4 are on the same transponder, they can be recorded with 1 FLoppyDVB. 1 thing you need to set is the CAM limit, can be found in 2nd picture: TV-Server/Configuration/TVServers - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation
If you have 1 FloppyDVB that has a CAM and a FireDTV that hasn't, then you can record multiple scrambled and unscrambled with the FloppyDVB and only free to air with FireDTV.

Hi, thanx for fast answer. But i have read many posts that says that it only need one cam and card and that the FloppyDTV without the cam and card should automaticly use the cam and card in the FireDTV.

/PWB

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AFAIK this does not work.
    I have two FireDTV one with cam, one without. You can only use the cam in one Firedtv, not "cross"-device.

cheers
    joystick

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi, thanx for fast answer. But i have read many posts that says that it only need one cam and card and that the FloppyDTV without the cam and card should automaticly use the cam and card in the FireDTV.

/PWB

If you show me an example of a post....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom