One quick thought regarding hibernate/wakeup (1 Viewer)

dA.oOZe

Portal Pro
February 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all.

First to mention is, that my hibernate/wakeup is running quite smooth, so this is not an error related topic.

If I understand this wakeup-thing correctly, Windows (or some program via API) writes information into the BIOS, telling it when the next wakeup is to be made. When the PC runs into standby/hibernate, the BIOS is responsible for the wakeup.

But what happens, if it is missing this wakeup-time due to a powerloss or similar? Will it be aware of the powerloss and turn the computer on, when the power is re-established? I don't think, that there is such a logic implemented into current BIOS'.
What does this mean to your scheduled recordings? IMHO the bios can hold just one wakeup information. If that time has passed without wakeup, the PC won't wakeup until you restart it manually, missing all scheduled recordings until that time.

Anyone who can confirm this?

Bussiebaer

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have a setting for this in my bios. If the power is re-established (for whatever reason. Powerloss, unplugged the PC for a moment because I have to move something...), the PC turn himself on, and goes back into standby after the configured time, with a new set wakeup-time.

dA.oOZe

Portal Pro
February 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for the info!

Maybe I missed that one. I will have a look into my BIOS settings and, if this options is available, have some quick testing.

Bussiebaer

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
You should find the setting here (Asus-Board):
Power -> APM Configuration -> Restore on AC Power Loss

I set this to Power on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom