Online language editor for the XML string files - needable? (1 Viewer)

chrissooo

Portal Pro
February 21, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,
is a tool to edit the language XML files maybe needet?
Becourse i have make a try and have create one:

MediaPortal XML Editor

Its very simple but can demonstrate how can it be work.
I have test some diferent laguages to test the correct creations of the charsets ... its see good, but cant test it 100%

Its have nothing to do with the Post from James: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/help-development-236/help-needed-web-developers-36685/
Its only a tool for users who dont want to use notepad.

When some people say that its needet and help maybe then i will add some more funktions (add ids or something else) and will optimize it.
But when all say that its nothing better like a notepad, then ok ... it was a try.

Chris

Vasek

Portal Member
December 13, 2006
Liberec
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi Chris,

I think, it is very good, I'm also user and not a developer, and in my mother language (Czech) not everything is translated. I was thinking many times about finishig the translation, but working in notepad is too uncomfortable.
However, I still have one suggestion: would it be possible to upload 2 files - one as the foreign language source and the second to be translated. The reason for this suggestion: you do not usually translate from the scrach, there are some items translated and others are not existing yet. You need to see the original item to be translated.

Both items (original and translated) should be at the same row together with the ID. The missing items in one of the languages should be empty (to be translated).

Vasek

chrissooo

Portal Pro
February 21, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
thanks for the feedback.
This version is just made in fast time to demonstrate a demo.
I will expent it in next time and have some idees for it.
But idees are alwys welcome :)

One quastion ... is all ok with the charset when you make some changes in the czech land file and use it?
I have make some test, but not really sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom