OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
August 22, 2009
Australia
Home Country
Apparently, my suggestion has caused offense, for which I apologise. Clearly, I haven't figured out the algorithm driving this excellent plugin, and providing such a patch would be well beyond my capabilities. Again, I was interpreting Doskabouter's post as meaning that the download does not need to begin before the information is available. Now that you have explained that is incorrect, such an upgrade seems impractical; a few seconds might be worth the wait, but certainly not a minute. I did not mean seem ungrateful for such an excellent plugin.

If anyone is interested, I have created a script that "works around" this (in the case of downloads only), by using mencoder to determine the file extension, and prompting the user about whether to continue or abandon the download. It also examines the Mediaportal log, and uses hardlinks to rename TV Series and import their descriptions from TVDB. It works, but it is "not pretty;" it runs from outside Mediaportal, and depends on a variety of third-party software.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No offense, I just want to remind people that instead of x forum posts, it is much more effective to contribute to open source by supplying patches ;)

And as a heads up for your script -> next OnlineVideos version has its own log file.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've noticed that when playing shorter files, it doesn't start playback until anywhere between 24% and 80% is streamed (I've got the buffer set to 1%). Is there an inherent delay in the playback process that makes this unavoidable?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The % is taken in a background thread from the sourcefilter that buffers the data. When your 1% is reached the sourcefilter's output pins are connected to splitter, video, audio, renderer filters - which takes a while (sometimes even a long time). So on small files the time between your configured % and the actual where playback starts is the time it takes to build the graph. Nothing to change about that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom