OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (9 Viewers)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is something wrong with your installation, but I don't know what. The log says it'S "Unable to find assembly 'OnlineVideos.Sites.offbyone,..." but on startup it has found that dll. Maybe it's there more than once. Try to uninstall OV, clean MPEM cache, and delete all OV files in the MP install dir. then install again.

cunnox

Portal Member
    October 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I guess I had the Beta veresion without knowing it, or perhaps I'd forgotten. But I had installed via MPEM and my install was all screwy, so after clearing MPEM's cache there was no OnlineVideos plugin to be found.
    On a side note MPEM's cache at first refused to clean because of a read only .mpe2 file, which I fixed up.
    But after downloading and installing properly (cleared cache searched for 'online', 'videos', in Programfiles(x86), ProgramData, and User Data folders and deleted as appropriate.) I Still have no context menu in YouTube.
    Logs show a successul use of the context menu for SouthParkWorld then a fail for YouTube.
    Second log shows same but with most of my other plugins disabled.

EDIT! It's only happening when I am logged in to YouTube.

EDIT EDIT !!!11111 Not when logged in but rather when my account name is filled in wrong.
    This may not be the plugins fault at all as YouTube has for quite a while been unable to decide if my account name should be StephanMoons or Stephan Moons. It seems to vary depending on which Google service I am using.

Crazy thing is that when using Stephan Moons in the field Account Name I could still see my Playlists but it stuffed up the context menu. I am now using StephanMoons and so far all seems fine.

Last edited:

volumia

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    whereever my feet take me...
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    offbyone, thx a million!
    Turns out it was the TV Server part that was holding on to older files, even after uninstalling MediaPortalUrlSourceSplitter.
    Eventually stopped the TV service, cleaned all the files up, reinstalled OV and started the TV service again.

And all was well again :)

cunnox

Portal Member
    October 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Any way to edit the context menus for this plugin.
    My habit is to download everthing I want to watch and often use a watch later playlist.
    Having Download(queued) as the first option would save on going down to option 8 all the time or having to look at my remote to see where the number 8 is, as I don't otherwise use the numbers on my remote.

Cheers

Stephan

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The context menu is dynamically created. So you can't configure the enties positions.
    I guess every user has different usages and feelings what should be top or bottom, but I'm not going to implement this user configurable, as IMHO it is not worth the effort.

glenb83

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Having trouble with the Netflix entry. It recognises my login and allows me to browse content but when I click to play something I get a white screen for a couple of seconds then it drops back to the episode selection screen.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Having trouble with the Netflix entry. It recognises my login and allows me to browse content but when I click to play something I get a white screen for a couple of seconds then it drops back to the episode selection screen.

Nothing concrete without logs, but you could try to a "clean"reinstall of OV - this have solved problems for other users. See third post of this thread.

glenb83

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Nevermind, I tried the clean install steps a second time and it seems to be working now, thanks!

Nothing concrete without logs, but you could try to a "clean"reinstall of OV - this have solved problems for other users. See third post of this thread.
    Thanks Ministerk, I followed the instructions to do a clean install and got the same result. I checked the logs and this line is the problem:

"[2015-04-03 08:07:17,104] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - [OnlineVideos] Browser process closed on startup[2015-04-03 08:07:17,104] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - [OnlineVideos] Browser process closed on startup"

I've attached the logs for further checking.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I get the same problem.. I start a film and the it shows white browser, and closes back down to mp gui... I attched my browser host debug log, there are an error in it.. this happens both with viaplay and netflix..

PS: When i look in my debug log files, it shows my username and password, is this normal??

glenb83

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Nevermind, I tried the clean install steps a second time and it seems to be working now, thanks!

Thanks Ministerk, I followed the instructions to do a clean install and got the same result. I checked the logs and this line is the problem:

"[2015-04-03 08:07:17,104] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - [OnlineVideos] Browser process closed on startup[2015-04-03 08:07:17,104] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - [OnlineVideos] Browser process closed on startup"

I've attached the logs for further checking.

Thanks again!
    Looks like I spoke too soon! I tested it working with a show, powered down my htpc, just tried again now and got the same white screen problem again. I'll get some logs together again tonight to post and I'll also try to do the full clean install again. I did find during the test that the stop button on my remote did not respond and neither did the green media centre button so I used the back button to get out of the netflix plugin. Not sure if this inadvertently did something?

UPDATE: Logs Attached, only edited the Netflix authentication details, everything else left as is

UPDATE 2: I completed the full reinstall again (uninstall OV in MPEI, Uninstall Source Filter in MPEI, Clear cache in MPEI, delete Online Videos folder under Mediaportal\plugins\process\Windows) and it worked. I started playing 2 videos and they started ok. I rebooted and tested again, still working. I enabled the BrowserHost writedebuglog to "true" so I can attach working logs to compare but when trying I got the white screen for a second issue again. I then tried the above full reinstall and enabled the writedebuglog value to "true" again before running MP again and it got the white screen again. So I'm not having any luck getting a 'working' log for comparison and I'm back to no netflix again.

This is a very frustrating issue that it seems a few people are having, I'm happy to help try to solve this by trying various tests if it means we can get to the bottom of it for everyone, just let me know what you'd like me to try.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom