OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (6 Viewers)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Hi Bubbleman,

Hi
    Ich habe Ton aber nur ein schwarzes Bild!
    Play/Pause geht, sonst kein OSD, kein Mauszeiger, Abbruch über ESC möglich.
    In einem Browser auf dem gleichen PC kann ich Prime sehen. Nur nicht aus MP heraus.
    Was mache ich falsch?
    We're in the English forum here ;) - convenience translation:
    I have sound but only a black screen!
    Play/Pause works, otherwise no OSD, no mouse, cancel only with ESC.
    In a browser on the same PC I can watch Prime - but not from within MP.
    What am I doing wrong?

I'm not a pro with OV, but I just yesterday configured Prime Germany for the first time in OV and for me it works. So the good new is: It definitely works - just need to find out what is wrong with your setup...
    A few questions:
    • Do you use OV 2.1?
    • Did you update the Prime Germany providers from within OV to the newest version?
    • Can you check whether in the OV configuration for Prime Germany there is "external/silverlight" selected?
    • What is the browser you are using when it works? Is this browser your default browser?
    Michael

Bubbleman

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Michael

Do you use OV 2.1?
    Yes

Did you update the Prime Germany providers from within OV to the newest version?
    Yes

Can you check whether in the OV configuration for Prime Germany there is "external/silverlight" selected?
    Yes

What is the browser you are using when it works? Is this browser your default browser?
    Firefox and/or IE.

Maybe a codec problem?
    It is a fresh and clean Windows 8.1 x64 and MePo 1.12 instalation, because of new hardware (AS Rock Q1900 ITX).

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Well...
    Firefox and/or IE.
    I have both of them installed as well, but I had problems as long as Firefox was my standard browser - no idea if it helps for you to check that one.
    Maybe a codec problem?
    The only (third party) Codec I have on my system is the latest LAV + MPUrlSourceSplitter (but I think this one is automatically installed with OV...).
    It is a fresh and clean Windows 8.1 x64 and MePo 1.12 instalation
    And here seems to be the only difference with our systems - I'm still on Win7x64. But this I would consider unlikely to be the reason...

As to firefox again: Does it also work in Firefox? I'm asking because in IE it could be the case that prime runs via html5 whereas firefox (as well as MP/OV) don't support html5 playback. So if it works in Firefox then Silverlight as such works...

Bubbleman

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well...
    Firefox and/or IE.
    I have both of them installed as well, but I had problems as long as Firefox was my standard browser - no idea if it helps for you to check that one.
    Maybe a codec problem?
    The only (third party) Codec I have on my system is the latest LAV + MPUrlSourceSplitter (but I think this one is automatically installed with OV...).
    It is a fresh and clean Windows 8.1 x64 and MePo 1.12 instalation
    And here seems to be the only difference with our systems - I'm still on Win7x64. But this I would consider unlikely to be the reason...

As to firefox again: Does it also work in Firefox? I'm asking because in IE it could be the case that prime runs via html5 whereas firefox (as well as MP/OV) don't support html5 playback. So if it works in Firefox then Silverlight as such works...

Hi

FF is my standard browser and Prime works very well with FF (also with IE).
    Yesterday I updated my drivers again, removed and installed OV again, updated Flash, checked Silverlight, read the OV doku, changed the MP skin, tried UltraVNC connection.....
    Nothing
    Amazon Prime Germany is still black.
    While loading Prime everything seams to be right, I can even see the browser window for a second, loading circle etc.
    I still think it could be a configuration problem.

Any further ideas?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Do you always have vnc active? It might be a problem with DHCP or something like that. I know you can't watch Netflix (with silverlight player) through rdp.
    I would also reinstall silverlight. Amazon prime OV uses its own web browser based on IE component but does not support HTML5 DRM hence silverlight is going to be used. Netflix for OV uses the same BrowserPlayer and for it to work properly you need to have silverlight + IE10+ installed.

Also empty cache and clear cookies in IE (on the same computer).

Bubbleman

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you always have vnc active?
    No. Only once for testing.

I would also reinstall silverlight. Amazon prime OV uses its own web browser based on IE component but does not support HTML5 DRM hence silverlight is going to be used. Netflix for OV uses the same BrowserPlayer and for it to work properly you need to have silverlight + IE10+ installed.

I´ll try tomorrow an give a report.

THX

D

DM104660

Hi,
    I had a similar issue when starting Amazon videos in OV.
    For me the DRM reset of Silverlight helped, which I had to do manually.
    In my case the DRM folder was located in:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DRM
    I just renamed the DRM folder and restarted the PC. After this everything was fine again.

Good luck
    Verdeler

Bubbleman

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I had a similar issue when starting Amazon videos in OV.
    For me the DRM reset of Silverlight helped, which I had to do manually.
    In my case the DRM folder was located in:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DRM
    I just renamed the DRM folder and restarted the PC. After this everything was fine again.

Good luck
    Verdeler
    Folder is empty
    Do you always have vnc active? It might be a problem with DHCP or something like that. I know you can't watch Netflix (with silverlight player) through rdp.

Done.
    No effect.

Prime DE still black

framelmike

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Bubbleman

Perhaps go to "MediaPortal Configuration / Codecs and Renderer" and change Video Codecs for testing.
    Or reinstall codecs (like LAV)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Another suggestion I found was:
    • Start the MS Silverlight configuration
    • Go to the "Application Storage" tab
    • Select "http://ecx.images-amazon.com/" from the list and click on "Delete..."
    • Finally make sure that "Enable application storage" is checked and close the configuration via "OK".
    Does that help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom