OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (10 Viewers)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is it possible in online videos player to remember where I stopped watching and delete using "0"?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Pressing "0" on the remote control in videos after closing the file prompts to delete the file.
    I am not sure if I can do same thing in online videos player.

Not remembering the position would be another reason I would not want to use the online videos player.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It would be so nice if we had one universal player for everything, or at least different players that look very close and share the same useful features!

Muffsack

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,
    I found this query in the German forum and I think it's a very interesting idea.
    Immediately thought of the online video plugin and would like to forward the request here.

Maybe there is the possibility to implement Disney + in Online Videos.

Thank you for your work and patience.

Greetings and stay healthy

Hallo zusammen,
    morgen startet ja Disney+. Ich habe die Tage schon in den MP-Foren gestöbert aber leider keine passende
    Info gefunden, ob es möglich ist Disney+ über MediaPortal zu verwenden.

Aktuell setze ich MediaPortal 1.24 ein und frage mich, ob es eine einfache Möglichkeit gibt Firefox mit Disney+ übers Menu zu starten und evtl mit
    der MCE Fernbedienung zu steuern? Das BrowseTheWeb Plugin scheint mir hier eher weniger geeignet.

Wie würdet ihr das Thema angehen?

Besten Dank und bleibt gesund!

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's probably going to take quite some effort because that is most likely drm-protected. There is a framework to use a browser for playback but it's a bit cumbersome and needs quite a bit of tweaking to get it working (if at all possible).

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @doskabouter in this regard, do you have experience with Selenium already? It is a suite to automate browsers by API. This could be an alternative of the WebBrowser control which is internally tied to Internet Explorer. I've seen an example here: How can you automate Firefox from C# application?.

I am looking for an alternative because my new PC monitor supports HDR10 which gives a much better picture inside firefox with HDR movies. But it does not work with the WebBrowser control due to old technologies.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, didn't work with that. I did do some cool stuff in the BrowseTheWeb plugin, but f.e. fullscreen playback of videos was not at all reliable. Don't know if that is going to be better with selenium... Someone ;) should really investigate it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom