OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (9 Viewers)

Pledget

Portal Member
April 2, 2016
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi morpheus_xx and freuli

I have the problem with Amazon Prime in online videos with the spinning cursor. When you say "Amazon should work again now" and freuli says testing and works well...

How do I get hold of the fix? I'm currently running OLV 2.3.1 and the issue persists in that version for me. Is there a Beta/Nightly that I should be using? Do I have to enter my credentials again? I can't see a second request for my credentials and even if I type them in whilst the video starts playing it makes no difference.

When setting debug mode through ieexplor.exe.config, the browser window appears, logs me on and starts playing the video fine but quits after ~10 seconds. If I switch off debug mode I simply get full screen spinning cursor and then the quits.

Just in case I've attached a short MP log and the OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.Browser-DEBUG.log

Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give me.

David

Attachments

• MediaPortal.short.log
    5.3 KB
  • OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost-DEBUG.log
    1.3 KB

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's definitely not a login issue - every time I try I check the log file and can see that login was successful.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I regard Online Videos as one of the jewels in MPs crown, its ability to view my native language content in the country where I'm living is very important for me.(y) Over the years I have noted considerable improvements in reliability however I still have MP1 crashing on occasions or much worse hanging (requiring Task Manager to close MP) when trying to play something that subsequently plays fine on a retry.:(
    Is there anything that could be done to improve error handling and or improve reliability? Is there any settings that I can change that might help?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You could try posting logfiles of a crashed/hung session), perhaps someone will see something suspicious
    In fact since changing the provider of my VPN service I have seen a dramatic improvement in the reliability of OV so it looks like my problems were probably associated with connectivity, having said that it I still believe the ability of OV to recover and handle errors elegantly may still be in doubt.

On a different subject:-

It appears the UK 4od link does not work and possibly has not for years (User reports) and there is nothing at all listed for Channel 5:(. The UK broadcasters Channel 4 and Channel 5 both have websites that feature catchup content that can be viewed via a browser and for Channel 4 also live content.
    Is there anyone who could take a look at adding/fixing this? Sorry I would love to have a go but it is all gobblygook to me.
    @Brownard, @SilentBob maybe?????;)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It appears the UK 4od link does not work and possibly has not for years (User reports) and there is nothing at all listed for Channel 5:(
    Both of these encrypt their content so are unplayable in MP. They could probably be made to work using the browser player (similar to how Netflix is implemented) but unfortunately I don't have the time at the moment to do it.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems like something was wrong with the update this evening (see screenshot OLV1) following a restart a manual update attempt went without error but subsequently I noticed I am no longer seeing program information for selected channels, see screenshot OLV2, note this is not just for the BBC but everything. Similar problem on my HTPC, i.e. problem with the update then missing info.
    Logs attached see today 22:30 onwards
    . olv1.jpg olv2.jpg

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_08_08_18__22_42.zip
      1.8 MB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hm, at first glance I don't see anything suspicious in the logs...
    Perhaps a network hickup?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm, at first glance I don't see anything suspicious in the logs...
    Perhaps a network hickup?
    Did you see this?
    [08-08 22:38:21,564] [OVAutoUpdate] [INFO ] Local 'OnlineVideos.Sites.corporategadfly.dll' was compiled later that online version - skipping download
    [08-08 22:38:21,566] [OVAutoUpdate] [INFO ] Local 'OnlineVideos.Sites.hioctane.dll' was compiled later that online version - skipping download
    [08-08 22:38:21,569] [OVAutoUpdate] [INFO ] Local 'OnlineVideos.Sites.MrP.dll' was compiled later that online version - skipping download

As of this morning an auto and manual update seemed to go OK (nothing at all in the logs:unsure:) BUT the program info is still missing.:(

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes I did see that, but couldn't explain it...
    And program info: perhaps the site has changed and it doesn't find the program infos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom