OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (9 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BUMP BUMP :mad:
    Further to my post in July here and the report through OV itself I am very sad to say that ZDF live section of the ZDF Mediatek is still broken. I also noticed as of this morning that Live Das Erste and BR in the Das Erste Live category are also broken.:(
    I do appreciate that there is discussion and effort ongoing to improve streaming in MP but I also believe it is very important to maintain access through OV, until such time that an alternative is available, at least to the major European public broadcasters who provide such a wealth of quality content for free.
    Please please pretty please could someone take a look at ZDF and Das Erste to see if it can be fixed.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Das erste Live I can at least watch from here, but ZDF Live is geoblocked for me...

Well it is not working for me here in Germany, see attached screenshot, same for BR but all the others I have tried in this section do work.;)
    das.jpg

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh, sorry. I meant from a browser... so I can take a look at that without the need for proxies

Edit: just checked Das Erste/LiveStream/Das Erste and I can confirm it doesn't work in onlinevideos.
    It all passes through the code without any errors, so there's no easy hint on what's wrong, and I have to do a more elaborate analysis...

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    DasErste livestream works again
    Hello @doskabouter ,

I appreciate your work and am very grateful about your commitment to the product (y).

One question about "Das Erste". Actually this is a ensemble of different TV stations, which can all be accessed through the same site. It includes channels like 3sat and all the regional ones such as SWR, BR, NDR, and many others. In total the "Das Erste" mediatheque contains 17 TV stations. I was wondering if you see a chance to make all the seventeen accessible through one single "Das Erste" SiteUtil to replace all others that at this time need separate maintenance.

By the way, is there any documentation about how to write a SiteUtil?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Don't know if it's feasable to merge all of them into one siteutil, it depends a bit on the source-sites itsellf.
    What I saw from das erste is that they have some VOD categories and a Live section (which contains indeed quite a few livestreams).
    Merging all the VOD sections of different sites is going to be a nightmare, because the different sources need all kind of different parsers/regexes/structures/etc.

And about creating siteutils: of course there is :) OnlineVideos FAQ

And if you have any specific question, you can always ask me...

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm blushing here. only a couple adult sites play. many don't list videos, some that show a video list cannot find urls. on one, media player has an error to start playing. I don't know the workings or not-workings behind the scene. I don't know if the sites are in operation any longer.

You can give it a shot yourself, if you're willing.
    Most of them are based on genericsite, so that means you don't even have to program for that. Only find out what the regular expressions are to get the desired content.
    There is a program that can help you with that: SiteParser

Pledget

Portal Member
    April 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Unfortunately it looks like Amazon Prime is broken again, at least the UK version isn’t working.

I just get a pop up with the message “Error getting dynamic categories”

I’m using OV 2.3.2 on MP 1.23 although I get the same on MP 1.22 and the previous version of OV

If anyone can provide a fix I’d be extremely grateful.

regards
    David

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom