OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (10 Viewers)

Pledget

Portal Member
April 2, 2016
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I seem to be repeating myself about every 6 months or there abouts, so here goes again.
"Unfortunately it looks like Amazon Prime is broken again in OV, at least the UK version isn’t working."
As much as I'd love someone to fix it for me each time, perhaps it's time I learn to do it. Assuming it's just Amazon changing their structures again can someone walk me through how to find the new Amazon site layout structure and change/update the Amazon Prime Uk site to match?

If it's easier to just fix it, please pretty please can someone fix it for me

Thanks

David

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Pledget, are you using MediaPortal 2? If so, there could be an alternative site implementation available soon. The new vesion already works for German Amazon Prime, for UK version some changes are needed. I would need a local's support to port it over to UK.

Assuming it's just Amazon changing their structures again can someone walk me through how to find the new Amazon site layout structure and change/update the Amazon Prime Uk site to match?
    This is quite complicated, you need to debug the Url loading, analyze the returned HTML code and adjust C# code to parse the content and fill properties (like Title, Description, Rating, Duration a.s.o.). If you have knowledge in C# coding, I can point you further to code details if you like.

Pledget

Portal Member
    April 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    @morpheus_xx, no I’m on MP1v1.25 so I assume the new version you mention is MP2 specific.

Quite complicated is not really what I was hoping to hear . I’m a HW chip designer with just enough SW skills to script and write noddy test code and have never touched C#, so sounds like I’d be out of my depth.

Maybe I’ll take another look at MP2 but last time I tried it didn’t quite have all the features/plugins that I use/need in MP1

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know onlinevideos is the same for MP1 as MP2 (at least for sites not working)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new way is based on my WebDriver implementation and requires a new player. In MP2 it was easy to add, but I have no idea how much work it would be to backport it to MP1. And I can't do this.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have an issue with Youtube currently. I'm prompted to allow Online Videos to have access to Youtube, but I get an error in Chrome:

"ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

Localhost is rejecting the connection. Is this firewall or anti virus related?

Emph

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, I vaguely remember this happened before to someone. Cause of that was most probably a temporary ban because of very high and unusual traffic. (He tried to download a lot of videos siultaneously). Are you able to check if it's working on other pc's, or through a proxy/vpn?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hm, I vaguely remember this happened before to someone. Cause of that was most probably a temporary ban because of very high and unusual traffic. (He tried to download a lot of videos siultaneously). Are you able to check if it's working on other pc's, or through a proxy/vpn?

As I was "signed out" from using OnlineVideos with YouTube, maybe the multiple attempts to connect anyway triggered some kind of ban? I'm unfamiliar with proxy/vpn setups, but I will look into it.

I can't use IMDB trailers either, do you need an IMDB account to use that nowadays?

Cheers!
    Emph

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't think it's working anymore. I remember checking it, but couldn't get it to work for reasons I forgot...
    If you really want I can take another look at it

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom