OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (4 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't see any livestreams on zdf.de,
    I think this is due to geoblocking. The Live Stream is only visible in Germany.
    1610814400877.png

sosh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello MePo-Team,

I dont know what happend, but i want to inform you that german ZDF Onlinevideos is working for me again. (not the live TV streams doh, but i dont want to complain :) )
    So I'd like to say a big THANK YOU :)

best regards
    Sebastian

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ZDF Mediatek Live:- Only Arte works, all the others say "Unable to Play. No URL" it has been that way for ages. I posted here some while back.
    Catchup content seems to be OK.
    Can we ever expect to see fixes for OV, BBC2 Live died recently too.:(

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Das Erste has died (all categories:(), it was working until quite recently, definitely in May. Is there anyone who can take a look at it and the live streams in ZDF Mediatek which have not been working for ages:cry:???

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The same here, Das Erste and ZDF does not work in OnlineVideos . Along with AmazonPrime, this is a big chunk of mainstream media that I can't watch with MP.

I had a look into the howto but did not get far. It seems that the new sites are much more complicated than the examples shown in the howto.

If streaming is working better in Kodi, would it help to look at the solution there and transfer it to MP? I would assume that at least the code part defining the streams should be similiar...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If streaming is working better in Kodi, would it help to look at the solution there and transfer it to MP?
    Hi.
    Indeed for some sites streaming is working better in Kodi. But the code wouldn't help here as the main approach is completely different in MP vs Kodi. Kodi has an extra addon (plugin in MP world) per each streaming site. You have an Amazon Prime addon, a Netflix addon, a Youtube addon, an ARD Mediathek addon,... and so on. Every addon is maintained by a different dev (also some devs are maintaining multiple addons) so every app is using different code.
    If the streaming site has changed anything, the matching Kodi addon also no longer is working, similar to OnlineVideos... The only difference is, Kodi has a lot more devs to carry all the workload. And even there it sometimes takes month (or even longer) until the addon is working again if ever, like Sky Go that probably never will work again in Kodi...

If possible I prefer the Apps installed on my Smart TV, as they are working all the time... Only a few sites like DMAX, ran.de or similar I'm using in Kodi as they are not available on my (Hisense) TV...

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Out of desperation I have set up a number of shortcuts in MP1 for my favourite streaming providers using the Multishortcut plugin. Since it links direct to the appropriate providers website and in some cases direct to a playable video stream it is very reliable and easily adaptable in the event of changes with playback via a browser. In my case I use MS Edge which retains all logins and cookies etc. I use Firefox in secure mode for general browsing! The down side is that the playback does not benefit from the MP/Madvr rendering and what control is available for a remote is different from MP also downloading and retaining content may not be available. Setting up the Multishortcut plugin is also not that straightforward and is not supported in most skins, it can be included in the DWHD skin with much editing (thanks @catavolt ) see screenshot below.
    MP2 users can do much the same using the newly re-introduced Launcher plugin which can be setup very easily using its gui.
    Given that it seems likely that support for OV websites will continue to decline I would propose a launcher style plugin for MP1 would be of much benefit, I believe this is how JRiver handles streaming too!

shortcut.jpg

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Another thing is that kodi supports drm playback, that is something that would take a lot of time to implement in Onlinevideos/Mediaportal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom