OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (8 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That would be very nice if it could, that would remove the need for having the browserplugin.
    It could then be played in Mediaportal's native player and have all the benefits (f.e. full coupling with remote, rewind, forward etc).
    Not sure if downloading will work as that is the reason DRM is invented in the first place...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Whatever we need something soon, even if it is only a sticking plaster pending future developments because OV as it is now is not up to the job!:(

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was just saying that the DRM stuff can be circumvented a bit with a slightly decreased UX.
    As for all the big sites not working: It's hard (in more than one way) for me get to work on sites that I don't use, often are geoblocked and using other tehniques to make it difficult to for me to correctly parse the data...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry I did not mean to get at you, your work is certainly much appreciated by me and others. You have though highlighted the the crux of the problem which is that OV has maintenance needs, often specifically located that appear to be no longer available. I don't think I am alone in having looked at how to get a handle on OV, for example to add a new site only to be completely foxed by it. I believe we need something much simpler that users can easily set up to for their own needs.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry I did not mean to get at you, your work is certainly much appreciated by me and others
    Noted, and glad to be of help!

I believe we need something much simpler that users can easily set up to for their own needs.
    Creating something simple to handle something complex is a very interesting thought but I think that is going to be more complex to create than fixing/maintaining those websites.
    However, don't want to get your hopes up but there might be some work done on german sites by someone...

SilentBob

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can´t wait....
    The first update is already available @doskabouter published the changes so that the ZDF Mediathek is back up and running
    it is just an initial update, to get it "quick" back to work, there will be some changes in future.
    the change enabled the view of HD content (Full HD) which was not there before.

Precondition:
    • Update "IPTV filter and url source splitter" to >= 2.2.25
      1629058991590.png
    • Update OnlineVideos Sites.
    Current State:
    Updated and working ZDF Mediathek, still not working "DasErste" and all partner mediatheks

For ZDF it brings some new configuration:
    1628811144417.png

• The Video Quality should (is not yet working) be the one which should be taken, without the selection dialog for the streams, to get a single click feeling and reduce the number of total clicks here
    • MIME Type preferred and priority
      ZDF provides the streams for different mime types, the preferred (as the name says) is first used to get the streams in the provided quality (here webm) if MIME Type not available try the others in priority order.
      MIME Tye webm provides videos in HD quality, mp4 only in High or very high which is not HD
    To be able to stream HD (MIME Type webm) quality it is essential to update "IPTV filter and url source splitter" to >= 2.2.25
    Nevertheless i am also facing some issues with this filter, you can try selecting LAV filter in the OV configuration:
    View attachment 209133

Future:
    The next step is to bring a new "ARD Mediathek" Site online.
    With this step it will discontinue and remove the old Das Erste Mediathek and with it also some related SItes (like BR, MDR, WDR etc) which can be queried from the ARD Mediathek.

The first step will be to bring back the Live TV and maybe the missed broadcasts in a first step, more to follow.

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The first update is already available
    OV actualized, now I see all the different categories of ZDF Mediathek - but cannot play any of the videos :cry:
    screenshot attached - I use latest MediaPortalUrlSourceSplitter 2.2.21.7387- is there anything I have to cnfigure?
    Many THX for the update - seems you are on the right track (y)(y)(y)

11-41-28.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom