OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (3 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, after a bit of back and forth, I see that that problematic url results in 2 separate streams (1 audio and 1 video).
    MPUrlSourceSplitter can't handle that, so indeed the only way is through LAV directly

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, after a bit of back and forth, I see that that problematic url results in 2 separate streams (1 audio and 1 video).
    MPUrlSourceSplitter can't handle that, so indeed the only way is through LAV directly

Just as a general comment I have been using the modified OV with the MPUrlSourceSplitter disabled on my HTPC for over a month now. In addition to being able to play all BBC Live and catchup streams at 1280x720 without stutter I have noticed the time from selection to play is much faster for everything, furthermore I have not experienced failures connecting to streams. With previous versions of OV using the MPUrlSourceSplitter I was seeing intermittent but regular error/failures, the LAV direct so far has proved to be completely reliable.
    Great work:) will be even better if you can get downloads to function.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ..Great work:) will be even better if you can get downloads to function.
    Thanks!
    But downloads through LAV is going to be a real pain, after all, they still focus on local files as I read somewhere.
    And if MPUrlSoourcesplitter needs to download a source consisting of multple streams,It needs to merge them into one file...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would it be possible to move the option to enable/disable the MPUrlSourceSplitter to the settings available via OV with MP running? Or better still automatically enable the MPUrlSourceSplitter when a download is requested?
    Also, somewhat strange, perhaps, but with the MPUrlSourceSplitter enabled ZDF and other programs that fail when live can be played and or downloaded and played from catchup.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Downloading is always done with MPUrlSourceSplitter, regardless of the setting.
    If the results are playable, that all depends on the vidfeo properties (f.e. I can't imagine that downloading a video with separate audio and video streams will work correctly).
    The same holds for being able to play things in onlinevideos, and I suspect that live and catchup are being served differently from the ZDF servers

SilentBob

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Today we published an initial version of the new "ARD Mediathek", you can add the Site via the global repository - as usual.

Currently only parts of the mediathek are available, more will come.
    Currently available:
    • Live TV
    • Broadcasts past 7 days
    • Program A-Z

all categories include the full ARD mediathek content, which includes "Das Erste" and all partner channels (like: BR, HR, MDR, NDR, SWR, WDR etc.)

feel free to test and provide information and logs if you see any issues.
    Also let me know if you are missing something.

Note: Geo blocked data, remains geoblocked, can only be bypassed via Proxy ;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    feel free to test and provide information and logs if you see any issues.

Videos in the "Broadcasts past 7 days" and "Program A-Z" seem to be working:) but I get an error when I try to select Live TV both with and without MPUrlSourceSplitter enabled, see attached screen shot and error log below (MPUrlSourceSplitter enabled).

UPDATE:- I lost the screen shot somewhere and when I went back and tried Live TV again it is workingo_O. Like the BBC the audio stutters on 1280 x 720 with MPUrlSourceSplitter enabled but is working fine with LAV.

Attachments

• MP_Logs_RANDOM_21_08_24_00_25.zip
      1.6 MB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Live ARD Mediatek streams are intermittently but frequently playing with no audio with and without MPUrlSourceSplitter enabled. In the attached log Das Erste has no audio but BR does NDR and 3Sat also played without audio, checked Live ZDF in ZDF mediatek all ok then back to Das Erste but still no audio (MPUrlSourceSplitter disabled for all). I seems like once a program plays with audio it will continue through several reselections but when there is no audio it will stay that was for a while. Gut feel is it may be worse with the MPUrlSourceSplitter disabled.

UPDATE: Observation, when a stream plays with no audio the LAV Audio icon does not appear in the taskbar, it does when the stream plays with audio, so it looks like the audio stream is missing rather than muted or similar.

Attachments

• MP_Logs_RANDOM_21_08_24_01_24.zip
      1.6 MB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom