OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (5 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Definately need to push this forward sooner rather than later so mp1 doesnt get left behind streaming wise ;)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Looking forward to testing this. I currently only use Online Videos for Netflix and in conjunction with the Trailers plugin. I'm guessing the Trailers plugin will be unaffected by the update?

Emph

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One of the major new features will be a webview2 based solution for playback of drm content.
    Will the webview2 solution be capable of handling minor changes to the content supplying websites that has been the bane of maintainers of OV and if so can it be used for other sites e.g. German ZDF and ARD mediatheks or the British BBC and ITV, all of which suffer regular failures requiring dev. fixes?

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @doskabouter Is it possible to add a livestream news channel from youtube to online videos? I've never really used OV before so I'm unsure what it can do. This is the URL I was trying to add RT Livestream. I did find an entry in OV that appeared to be RT Livestream but none of the 6 options listed were working.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Gcarr
    it is wll known that RT (Russia Today) is the Russian propaganda TV with mostly fake news - so be careful to believe what they show and say ;)
    Thanks, I agree. I wanted to get a perspective from Russia though because the News Media here in the US can't be trusted either. I read Independent news media sources too so, hopefully somewhere in that mix I can get some truth.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The ARD Mediatek Live channels have been plagued with video without audio problems for some while but recently it seems to have gone almost completely wrong, currently all live channels nearly always play without audio regardles of bitrate chosen with only the one exception ARTE. Catchup content all seems to play with audio without problems as does ZDF MediaTek and non-German providers I have tried. The problem is on both MP1 (1.30) and MP2 (2.4.1). There does seem to be a slight improvement in MP1 if the option to use the MP-Splitter is enabled although for me that causes audio delay and distortion when higher bit rates are selected. The ARD Mediatek is a super resource for Online Videos it would be great if this audio bug could be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom