OnlineVideos SVN feedback (1 Viewer)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I have a problem with latest SVN r633.. Mediaportal is stuck at 'Initializing window manager...' and won't start..

Last log lines:
    Code:
    2010-05-05 20:13:26.921934 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: [OnlineVideos]Thumbnails will be stored in  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\OnlineVideos\
    2010-05-05 20:13:27.703184 [Info.][FilterChecker(5)]: FilterChecker: Found quartz.dll from 27.11.2009 located at C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
    2010-05-05 20:13:27.703184 [Info.][FilterChecker(5)]: FilterChecker: Version of installed quartz.dll: 6.5.2600.5908

Nothing after that.. I've attached also full MediaPortal.log if it helps..

If i remove OnlineVideos.dll and OnlineVideos directory from plugin/Windows directory, MediaPortal starts normally..

If i revert to r631, the problem also goes away.. So i suspect it's related with "Updated Codec Check for FLV to find any filter registered on the system and show the one that's going to be used due to highest Merit." commit (r632).

Using Win XP SP3 and MediaPortal 1.1 RC2..

Edit: Confirmed, it's the change in CodecConfiguration.cs.. I added log line on first line in constructor and then just before CheckCodec(ref FLV_Splitter).. First log line goes in MediaPortal.log, second not.. So it's stuck somewhere on that part.. Will test more..

Edit2: ArrayList list = FilterHelper.GetFilters(MediaType.Stream, new Guid(MediaSubType_FLV)); is the line causing problems.. As far as i can see it's the method inside MediaPortal code.. Have you changed anything there? I'm on RC2..

=================================================

Another critical error using r631:

If i start iTunes trailer and watch it, after it finishes, after some time i get hard crash to desktop (dialog that MediaPortal has crashed) and this in the error.log:

Code:
    2010-05-05 21:00:57.341012 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: VMR9: Dispose() from wrong thread

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm on MediaPortal SVN 25658. Maybe some change after RC2 that I'm using in the new filter check code?
    Unfortunately your log doesn't tell the actual error :(

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Probably because it hangs when doing:

FilterHelper.GetFilters(MediaType.Stream, new Guid(MediaSubType_FLV));

On this line, it just hangs and MediaPortal won't start..

For the second error, there is nothing in the error.log but that line i pasted..

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have one small idea why this might hang:
    The FilterChecker is a seperate thread that is also started on MediaPortal startup that also populates the data that FilterHelper.GetFilters gets its data from. Since I don't have that issue in m tests, I'm guessing it's a timing issue - two threads collide and create a deadlock. I'll investigate further.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just commited r634 which should fix your hang on MePo startup. Can you confirm that?

The error "VMR9: Dispose() from wrong thread" should actually happen on every clip that is played with the internal player, not just apple.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Thank you, will check shortly..

About that Dispose() error, I only tested iTunes trailers but I guess you're right..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom