[confirm] Only Microsoft Decoder works for h264 tv (1 Viewer)

adams79

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2008
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
    CPU Type: Intel Quad q8400
    HDD: Western Digital Eco green 1TB
    Memory: 2gb DDR2
    Motherboard: Asus P5QL-PRO
    Video Card: ATI 4670 (sapphire silent)
    Video Card Driver: Ctalayst 9.8
    Sound Card: Realtek integrated
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: latest
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: latest
    2. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy 2400i
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver: latest
    3. TV Card: Hauppauge NOVA T PCI (with wintv-ci)
    3. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    3. TV Card Driver: latest
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDShow audio decoder
    h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Hotbird 13.0
    HTPC Case: Thermaltake Mozart
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: 700w Cooler Master
    Remote: Hauppage Harmony 555
    TV: Samsung 40" LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI
    I've tried a lot of codec with the following results:

1) Powerdvd 9 (i've always used this in 1.0.2) : Excellent quality, but after one minute i got a lot of dropped frames (mage freeze also for 1 or tow seconds), with macro stuttering
    2) Arcsoft decoder - good quality after about three seconds the image freeze (the audio continue)
    3) MPCHc (included in the saf): I get a still frame reperated every 3 or 4 seconds.. seems that the first frame in the stream is repeated each x new frames
    4) CoreAvc: seems to works, but the quality is not so good (bacause of lack of hardware deinterlacing on ATI hardware)
    5) Elecard: same as previous

Also for mpeg2 the dscaler codec is broken. So in my case only the microsoft decoder can be used

Thank you

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have the same problem. I can also say that powerdvd8 codec gives stutters from time to time too.

This did not happen with last svn before 1.1rc1 and it does not happen if I substitute directshowhelper.dll using the one of this svn, so I suspect it has something to do with the optimisations made by tourettes. Using windows 7 and evr.

zovirax

Portal Member
    September 18, 2006
    the same for me.
    only ffdshow working good, but no hardware accelerator support.

graphic card: ATI HD3200

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I have an ATI HD3450 and I only figured out last night why HD video was so difficult to have working with MP.

In the ATI Catalyst Control panel I had de-interlacing set to "automatic" (which by default will probably try to get to the best setting : vector adapative". But it seems that even with a HD3450 vector adaptive deinterlacing is too intensive for a 3450 + MP so instead I set the preference to BOB in the Catalyst Control panel and now most of the codecs work !!! Try it out.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have an ATI HD3450 and I only figured out last night why HD video was so difficult to have working with MP.

In the ATI Catalyst Control panel I had de-interlacing set to "automatic" (which by default will probably try to get to the best setting : vector adapative". But it seems that even with a HD3450 vector adaptive deinterlacing is too intensive for a 3450 + MP so instead I set the preference to BOB in the Catalyst Control panel and now most of the codecs work !!! Try it out.

I have an ATI4670 that should be far enough according to mediaportal developers, and it was until last SVN. So something must have been changed... I will try with the various settings of deinterlacing, though...

adams79

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2008
    I don't think that the problem i srelated to video hardware, because in my case I obtain a perfect image without frames dropped and after some time (cab be 30/40 seconds) I got macro stutters with PowerDVD9 codecs..
    unfortunately with the MPC and Arcsoft I got different problems so I can't check if the macro stuttering is only related to PDVD9...

chrholm

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have seen the same problem. With the latest SVN build all codecs seem to work fine. After upgrade to RC1 I can only get Microsoft DTV to work properly with HD. With PowerDVD 9 (which I normally use), there is massive stuttering.

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    with the rc1 and onboard hd3200 i have de-interlacing problems,if i choose evr then the de-interlacing dont work at all to much flickering image,if i choose vmr9 then all its fine.with beta version of mediaportal and latest svn i dint had this problem.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Anyone using antivirus that may be interfering with the playback :)

Just add recording\timeshift and any other media folders too exceptions, I also added the MP program\data folders as well.

I'm only commenting on this, as some people seem to suddenly be having similar problems with playing video of any description.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I seem to have codec problems also - the correct codec seems to be used on the first TV channel tuned. When the channel is changed, the graph seems to be rebuilt with the wrong codec somehow. Will investigate more and get logs later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom