• Total voters

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I'll be reinstalling my HTPC soon, and am just making a list of all the software that needs installing, going well so far.

Currently use mySQL and everything is fine. However I just wanted to see what the general opinion was on the "best" database. I realise it is personal oppinion.

However - has anyone noticed that one is better than the other? one more optimized etc? What do the developers genrally use?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    revs

I have used both and to be frank never had a problem with either, the only advice i would give is limit the amount of memory used by mssql, as per the forum manual sql install instructions.

Otherwise there are no plus points to each of these databases for MP use.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    That was my thoughts, however every now and then I read about how one or the other is better than the other.

I may just go for MSSQL as its what I use daily at work, so more familiar with!

milhouse

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Raleigh, NC U.S.
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That's why I went with SQL Server - familiarity. Every once ina while you have to roll up your sleeves and fix something, and knowing what you are doing is important to me.

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Pretty much the same with me, I use mssql because I use it at work and because I've found it easier to use than mysql, although to be fair the last time I used mysql was a few years ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom