Optimal Settings (1 Viewer)

haarvik

Portal Member
March 25, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I'm sure these questions have been answered alreday somewhere, but I have a list so here goes:

What are the optimal settings for video/dvd/tv playback? Each time I fix one area, the next screws up. I had DVD's working perfectly, with the exception that they would not play fullscreen. So, I did some changes, and they play fullscreen, but some of the initial screens are black, but have sound. Under MyVideos, some of them are real jerky. I fix it for one format, and then the other gets jerky. I have several formats (wmv, avi, mpg). I assume alot of these settings are determined by codecs, but not sure. here is my setup:

KT400 Dragon Ultra MoBO (Via chipset), AMD 2800+, 1Gb DDR333Mhz, 160GB HD, V-Stream PVR-Plus BT878 (Conexant Fusion BT878A), GeoForce FX5200 256MB, WinXP SP2 and all current Updates. I have InterVideo WinDVD, and Nero Vision Express. I also have Xvid codec, Quicktime, FFDShow, OpenVOB and WM10. DirectX 9.0c with updates. .NET 1.1 and 2.0 with updates. NOTE: Most of my videos are on a network share. I also have MP loaded on both machines and performs the same on both so I don't think it is a network issue.

This system has a clean build only 4 days old. So there is no erroneous software on it that could be conflicting. It was built expressly for MP.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom