[Installation] Option to use current skin background as Windows wallpaper (1 Viewer)

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I just came to the idea that it would be nice to extend MP with a feature allowing skin designers to offer users an option to choose a specific skin background as a windows wallpaper during the skin installation.

The ultimate solution would be to have the same background as the windows bootscreen.

From a user's (and even more WAF) perspective, this consistency would improve the Mediacenter feeling a lot as it pushes the underlying PC to the background.

Thanks for your awesome work and considering this idea.

G.

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    It's not a bad idea. But it can be implemented immediately, without the proposed development of new features. To set the background you use just the file ... \skin\<selected skin>\media\background.jpg and to create a boot screen, exist a lot of tools. The resources you can use a variety of images from the directory ...\skin\<selected skin>\media, i.e. background.jpg, splash.jpg, ... Imagination has no limits ;).

JiRo.

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks, JiRo

I am aware of these options. But as soon as you change a skin you need to repeat all the steps.

Automating this would make the MP installation just more user-friendly.

G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom