Organisation of Music Suggestion (1 Viewer)

corza

August 29, 2007
Home Country
Hi,

I organise my music using iTunes and MediaPortal can't recognise the Artist's properly. It would be good if it was able to list the music how iTunes lists the music, in organisation primarily of the artists, displaying all of the songs in the list.

In addition to this it would be good if you could create playlists like in iTunes, such as recently added, or your own custom ones. Is there any upcoming updates that would make the music navigation more like iTunes at all? Because at the moment I don't use MediaPortal for playing music because it is just too hard to navigate through all of my music. I know that there is a search feature and that works good but it would be better if the display and navigation was a bit better.

Thanks....

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are different Database Views, one is called By Artist (which will group Albums by Artist). If you want to have a view of all songs of a single Artist, go to configuration, Edit the Music Views Tab to have a new view with Artist and then Song in it. That should do it.

So there is no need for development in that area, it is available allready.

There were some discussions on automatic playlists, and some devs where on it, but no definite date yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom