Origen AE S10V: Does the Display work? (1 Viewer)

roopert

Portal Pro
June 3, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Can somebody give an answer to this question. Also, would a sound card (Asus Xonar HDAV1.3) be easily put into this case via a riser card...?

roosterx

Portal Pro
April 24, 2006
Högsäter, Sweden
Home Country
Norway Norway
I believe it should, i have read around a bit and i believe you need to install Download Port I/O then enable external display in MP config/plugins, in external display properties you should select irtrans vfd and localhost.

I take for granted you have installed the driver sw for irtrans and all that is working allready. :)

Actually i am myself looking into it since i have just completed my new htpc build using a s14v, but i can't test it right away since i don't have that machine in the same house i have internet(just bought an house)

[Edit] Just noticed i answered an really old thread ;)

metagrobolis

Portal Member
March 7, 2008
I'm looking at the Origen S10V for a new build and would also like to know. If anyone has the Origen VFD working with MP, please let us know. Much thanks in advance!

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A little late, but today is the first time I got the display in my OrigenAE S10V working. What I did differently then before is to install the latest IRTrans software. During installation make sure that the MCE Display Driver is selected. I then proceeded to register the irtransview_x64.dll (I run Windows 7 64 bit) that was located in the system32 folder in both the system32 and syswow64 folders in c:\windows. Don't know if this is really necessary, but still. After that, just enable the MiniDisplay plugin in MediaPortal configurator and select the LCDHype IRtrans LCD/VFD driver and choose localhost as the port. After this it should work.
    The only thing I don't like is that in Basic Home it doesn't show which option I select. It just says BasicHome. If anybody knows how to get it to say Music or Moving Pictures in the second line, that would be greatly appreciated.

BTW this is with the latest 1.1.0 alpha and SVN version.

roosterx

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2006
    Högsäter, Sweden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    ageofpanic: I agree, and i find it quite unstable, but i guess no one is developing any more on irtrans display, would have been nice to have more features too, like rss feed scrolling or something :p

Users who are viewing this thread