Origen S14V dont work with media portal (1 Viewer)

RavivRavR

June 7, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
i have this case : Origen AE Technology - S14V HTPC Enclosure
it comes with Philips RC197 Vista remote and IRTrans and the remote not sopport with the media portal.
there is possible to control all the functios from my remote include open and close the application (media portal) cause last time i have checked it deosn't support so unfortunally i used media center.

thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Philips RC197

That looks suspiciously like the Vista only remote, LOL just checked the specs, yep this will work with Mediaportal, but only if Vista is installed as operating system.

just use MPTrayMOD to launch MP from the green button, once you have disabled the mce services.

RavivRavR

June 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    u mean disable the mce services when i need to install the MPTrayMOD or disable the mce services oll the time ? (how can i do it?)

edit:

i disabled the mce services but the green button still dont open the media portal and the remote is still not fully supported with the media poratl.

Kingfisher

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 16, 2008
    Bedfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    The RC197 remote is irrelevant in this case. The IRTrans hardware can interpret ANY infrared remote control, it just happens to come with the RC197 MCE remote.

I have this exact same case working perfectly with MP. You need to install the IRTrans software (download the latest version here), then in MP Configuration, go to Remote, select the IRTrans tab and tick the Use IRTrans Receiver option.

It's also worth following the instructions here to stop repeated commands.

The default IRTrans installation is setup to act as a MCE remote, so all the buttons will perform in MP the same as an MCE remote would.

As for the green button, I must admit, I haven't tried it, but my MP config runs at startup anyway, so I don't need it in my setup. With Vista Media Centre disable, it just doesn't do anything.

Although, I'm pretty sure there is a way of configuring IRTrans to launch it somehow, I just don't know how.

MyPVR

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I'am using a S16V but the IR module/driver should be the same. I had to install port95nt.exe to get the VFD running under WinXP. Please check also if you configered the display port in the MP MiniDisplay plugin as "localhost".

Regards,
    MyPVR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom