Origenae S16V remote (Philips RC197) and MP - how to install? (1 Viewer)

murks_muell

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
Since I own this case I have problems, problems and more problems with the remote. I'm completetly stuck! I don't understand how the display and the remote are interacting together and which driver is needed for what. The remote is a philips RC197 if I remember correctly - but the receiver is ...? No idea.
A month ago I reinstalled the whole system and I'm just not able to get this thing working anymore! I'm desperatly looking for help. I installed the IRTrans version from the origenae site (dated 09.10.09).
I remember that I had to install port95nt once. But I can't find any info for what it was worth and if I still need it. So currently it's not installed on my system.
One time I got it working but all keypresses were doubled. Known problem I thought and removed the [App]* section in the .rem file of irtrans. Now the remote doesn't work at all?!

I had nothing but problems since I got this POS. In the old installation I got it working but it always blocked if I was repeatedly pressing a key too fast. But it was somewhat working at least.

I didn't change anything in the mapping sections of the remote in MP.

MediaPortal Version: 1.1
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: Core 2 Duo 2x3.0 GHz
HDD: Samsung F1 750 GB
Memory: 2x1.0 GB
Motherboard: Asus P5Q
Video Card: onboard intel X4500HD (G45)
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: none
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Origenae S16V
Cooling: 2x80mm
Power Supply: Chieftec CTP-300-12G, 300W
Remote: Origenae (Philips RC197)
TV: Philips 42" FullHD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.png
    ScreenShot001.png
    123.4 KB
  • ScreenShot002.png
    ScreenShot002.png
    47.8 KB
  • ScreenShot003.png
    ScreenShot003.png
    8.7 KB

pete0

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I have an Origen AE S16T which uses the same remote like yours.

Here my MediaPortal configuration.

Remote / Microsoft MCE: activated Use MCE remote or keyboard
    Remote / IRTrans: activated use IRTrans receiver, Server settings as you already have set, if IR commands get executed twice follow carefully the instructions link "IRTrans information"

Regards

murks_muell

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    It got even stranger. My remote only works if I don't start MP directly at Windows Startup. If I manually start it after the Desktop appears the remote works.
    Perhaps it needs a delay I thought and set "startup delay" in MP to 5 seconds. But this didn't help. The remote doesn't work when MP gets started at Windows Startup.

Now I'll try to delay the start of MP with the help of a tool.

sonnybonds

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Origenae S16V remote (Philips RC197) and MP - how to install?

Hello murks_muell ,

I already answered you in the german thread "Minidisplay mit Display VF210 im Origen S16V hängt ständig", to your info!

To your recent problem: Install the IR-Trans Server as Service then the Server is ready before MP starts and your IR gets detected by MP even on Windows-Start!

I don´t know if you use W7 but if you do so, I am not sure if you can install the IR-Server as Service because I remeber to read something in the IRTRANS-Forum that VISTA and maybe W7 can not cummunicate with the IR-Trans-Server when installed as service. Just test it!

Another solution might be a program (please don´t ask me for a concrete program name and just search in internet) that can change the way programs are starting in autostart. With such a program you can force the IR-Trans-Server to be loaded earlier and should have a similar effect like installing it as Service.

Greetings Sonny

murks_muell

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    Re: AW: Re: Origenae S16V remote (Philips RC197) and MP - how to install?

Thanks for your help. I'll try to install IRTrans as service again. I did this in the past and it worked. But last time I tried it didn't work.

Another solution might be a program (please don´t ask me for a concrete program name and just search in internet) that can change the way programs are starting in autostart. With such a program you can force the IR-Trans-Server to be loaded earlier and should have a similar effect like installing it as Service.

That's my current solution. I used 'startup delayer' and delayed the start of mediaportal by 30s. Not nice but working for now. :)

nothe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Origenae S16V remote (Philips RC197) and MP - how to install?

Hi murks_muell,

have you in the Installation Routine of IRTrans "Autostart with windows" selected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom