OSD Zap delay in milliseconds ms (1 Viewer)

arneman

Portal Pro
February 20, 2007
Oldenburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi !

I have a little improvement idea:

It would be nice, if you were able to define the On-Screen Zap delay in Media Portal Configuration / General / On-Screen Display in milliseconds, not only in seconds. Then you can set it to a very low value and jump over several channels without loosing so much time if you only want to switch to the next channel.

Another Problem: I think several users don't find the zap delay options in MP configuration, because it's not under TV Options. I've been searching this option, too. In the first time I thought, MP need so much time to switch channel.. After weeks I saw, that I can cut the time by nearly 50 %...

I hope this is possible, thanks in advance

infabo

Portal Member
October 24, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
same here. i'd wish i could set this value to 200ms or something. because when i set it to 1 second i lose 1 second on EVERY channel change (a dreambox claims to have < 1 second change time whereas mp does 1 second nothing before starting to do anything). also when i set it to 0 and press the ch+/ch- button twice or more, mp hangs for about 20 seconds before responding again.

omerfarukozer

Portal Member
April 4, 2010
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
I don't agree that this is a "little" improvement idea. It would improve TV zapping experience significantly. I hope to see it in the RC5 of MP 1.1.0

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I don't agree that this is a "little" improvement idea. It would improve TV zapping experience significantly. I hope to see it in the RC5 of MP 1.1.0

Feature freeze, so not going to happen with 1.1.0 timeframe. All new features are treated equal.

infabo

Portal Member
    October 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: OSD Zap delay in milliseconds ms

"feature freeze". how lol is that!? when set to "0", and you want to skip more than 1 channel, mp hangs itself up for ~1min. when set to "1", zapping is just as sh***y like changing the channel with a potentiometer by hand. so THIS is not a feature-request - this IS a BUG-report. just that.
    but hey! just moved over to linux+xmbc and these annoying mp-bugs don't bother me anymore! yeah! xmbc forever!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: OSD Zap delay in milliseconds ms

"feature freeze". how lol is that!? when set to "0", and you want to skip more than 1 channel, mp hangs itself up for ~1min. when set to "1", zapping is just as sh***y like changing the channel with a potentiometer by hand. so THIS is not a feature-request - this IS a BUG-report. just that.
    but hey! just moved over to linux+xmbc and these annoying mp-bugs don't bother me anymore! yeah! xmbc forever!

Good for you.

omerfarukozer

Portal Member
    April 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    There is no need to be offensive.

However, considering this improvement suggestion would take 10 minutes to code I have deaply disappointed.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    There is no need to be offensive.

I wasn't offensive, but someone else was :) - Irony is something that is not well understood.

However, considering this improvement suggestion would take 10 minutes to code I have deaply disappointed.

Feature freeze is a feature freeze. To treat all people and features equal it is not allowed to make any new features during that period (otherwise it will lead into a chaos).

infabo

Portal Member
    October 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: OSD Zap delay in milliseconds ms

just have to answer one final time:
    a zap-delay of "0" causes hangs of mediaportal. see here
    so if you didn't get the clue, i'll say it clear: it is not a feature-request. you have this setting in the configs, you're able to set it to "0". so when you're able to set this value and this value causes problems, it is the most normal thing in the world to call it a "bug" and "fix" it.
    even though xbmc's pvr-client isn't ready yet, they have implemented this feature already (allowing 250ms, 500ms, 750ms, ...), without a need of many "please please please. can we? can we?".
    so in my opinion this is maybe because mp is leaded by an austrian coder - typical "rutsch ma in buckl owe"-mentality.

just my 2 cents on this topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom