Pandora MusicBox 1.3.3 (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Pandora MusicBox 1.3.3 Stable
Please be aware that Pandora MusicBox is based on an undocumented API so it is possible you will encounter bugs from time to time when using this plugin. Please post bug reports on our bug tracker. If you do not have a Google Account to post a bug report you can create one very quickly. Pandora MusicBox is not affiliated with Pandora Radio in any way. Use this software at your own risk.

Pandora MusicBox is a plugin that will allow you to listen to Pandora Radio inside MediaPortal. While the plugin currently has a limited feature set you can manage and listen to existing stations on your account right now, and we plan to add additional features in future versions to match the web interface that you are familiar with.

Download
Report a Bug
More Info

As with the other incarnations of Pandora Radio, Pandora MusicBox unfortunately can not be used outside the United States. Hopefully this is something that will change in time, but for the time being it is US only. We do however feel that Pandora Radio is a fantastic service and our intent is not to circumvent existing restrictions but to make the service easier to use on an HTPC. So please do not ask us to add proxy support, eliminate advertising, eliminate skip limitations, etc. If you want to get rid of advertising, and skip limitations consider upgrading to a Pandora One account.

If you do not have a Pandora account you will need to create one before using Pandora MusicBox. While the current version of Pandora MusicBox allows you to customize stations by rating songs that have played, you can not create a new station in the plugin, so if you are a new user, you may want to add a few stations from the web interface before launching MediaPortal. Try checking out the Genre Stations linked at the bottom of the web app.

This plugin has been created by Fforde and ZealotSix.

Skins Currently Supporting Pandora MusicBox:
aMPed
Avalon
CLR
Maya
StreamedMP (included in latest StreamedMP version update)
DefaultWide (included with plugin)
probably others...

Attachments

• MP_Screenshot1.png
    MP_Screenshot1.png
    355.5 KB
  • MP_Screenshot2.png
    MP_Screenshot2.png
    231.7 KB
Last edited:

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.0 Beta

Works flawlessly. Finally a Pandora plugin after all these years of nothingness I feel as if i can finally move on with my life (while listening to my favorite custom radio station.)

A+++++ plugin. Would download again.

-LRFalk01

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    AW: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.0 Beta

Used Pandora years ago as it was available here in Germany too. Really a great service and I would love to use it again...but proxy to get an US-IP on htpc is just too crazy for me. Anyway: Great plugin!

grooves12

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006

Plugin works great!!! Thanks a lot!

Is it possible to configure this to work with the Music Fanart Scraper to download and display fanart from the current artist that is being played?

Also, any possibility to add music visulaizations, or some type of screensaver to prevent burnin?

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country

Is it possible to configure this to work with the Music Fanart Scraper to download and display fanart from the current artist that is being played?

Thanks Grooves. The plugin actually should already be working with the Fanart Handler Plugin. Just configure the Fanart Handler plugin to collect images for the currently playing artist, and you should see these show up in the background of both Blue3Wide and Streamed-MP.

If you were referring to some other plugin, please let me know.

Also, any possibility to add music visulaizations, or some type of screensaver to prevent burnin?

Not sure about this one. I personally probably wouldn't be up to that challenge, not sure where fforde stands on this. Also I really enjoy the fanart handler plugin. You could always submit an issue on the google code page though. If it gets enough stars, we might consider it :D

grooves12

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006

I'm using the StreamedMP and have checked the appropriate setting in the Fanart Handler Plugin, and it just keeps displaying the same image for all songs... I think its the default (Shania Twain?)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

grooves, attach your FanartHandler.log file...it should report what artists it tries to scrape online when music is playing (assuming relevant setting is enabled).

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country

It looks like http://htbackdrops.com/ is having issues with their search right now. I'm able to reproduce this 403 error on their website even. Hopefully they'll get it resolved soon, and then you'll start seeing fanart appear

grooves12

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006

Plugin has stopped working for me completely... gives me a sad music and error everytime I try to launch it in streamedmp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom