[Patch] AutoShuffle and AutoRepeat for SlideShows (1 Viewer)

U

UncleFestis

Just uploaded to SourceForge...

Pretty self explanatory. Added autoshuffle and autorepeat options
to the Pictures configuration and the code to implement the features
to the SlideShow GUI.

X

xenon2000

UncleFestis said:

to the SlideShow GUI.

WOW! Finally. This sounds like what I have requested since 3 months ago. I really hope this finds it's way into the next release instead of just a patch. And that is evolves as well.

personally I don't see how random and constant slide show features got missed when it was created in the first place. Who wants to go through their pictures once through in order. No one. :) Thanks a ton!

X

xenon2000

UncleFestis said:

to the SlideShow GUI.

WOW! Finally! Thanks a ton. I have been waiting for random and continuous slideshow features since the beginning. Personally I don't understand why anyone would want a slideshow that goes in order just once through. If I wanted that, I would just browse full screen and use forward and back.

Thanks again! I hope this makes it's way into the full release and not just as a patch. And that is sees further development. Since I personally use MP for way more than TV stuff. Actually, I use it way more for non TV stuff. I rarely record things and I watch my live TV without using my HTPC. So development on things like Music, Images, and other plugins are more exciting for me. :)

Anyways, thanks again for making this patch!! Great to see that someone else also wants to use the slideshow feature, since without random display, I find it quite useless and ended up just using the microsoft My Picture Slideshow. Which isn't the greatest, but at least it's kinda random.

Now if MP could have a random seeding sliding show as well so that it's not always the same repeat of the autoshuffle. :) Thanks.

U

UncleFestis

I stole the shuffle code from the playlist class. It should generate a unique order each time the slideshow is started:

Code:
    public void Shuffle()
    {
      Random r = new System.Random( DateTime.Now.Millisecond );
      int nItemCount = m_slides.Count;

// iterate through each catalogue item performing arbitrary swaps
      for ( int nItem=0; nItem < nItemCount; nItem++ )
      {
        int nArbitrary = r.Next( nItemCount );

if ( nArbitrary != nItem )
        {
          string anItem = (string)m_slides[ nArbitrary ];
          m_slides[ nArbitrary ] = m_slides[ nItem ];
          m_slides[ nItem ] = anItem;
        }
      }
    }

X

xenon2000

UncleFestis said:
I stole the shuffle code from the playlist class. It should generate a unique order each time the slideshow is started:

Code:
    public void Shuffle()
    {
      Random r = new System.Random( DateTime.Now.Millisecond );
      int nItemCount = m_slides.Count;

// iterate through each catalogue item performing arbitrary swaps
      for ( int nItem=0; nItem < nItemCount; nItem++ )
      {
        int nArbitrary = r.Next( nItemCount );

if ( nArbitrary != nItem )
        {
          string anItem = (string)m_slides[ nArbitrary ];
          m_slides[ nArbitrary ] = m_slides[ nItem ];
          m_slides[ nItem ] = anItem;
        }
      }
    }

Each time it is started, so does that count for if it is in a constant/forever loop? So that it runs forever re-randomizing after going through the completed randomized list? If not, then it would just repeat the first randomized list when it was first started. Which would be fine if you have 10,000+ images, but if you only have 50 or so, it would get old.

U

UncleFestis

Just posted a change that will reshuffle a completed slideshow if autorepeat and autoshuffle are enabled.

[/quote]
Each time it is started, so does that count for if it is in a constant/forever loop? So that it runs forever re-randomizing after going through the completed randomized list? If not, then it would just repeat the first randomized list when it was first started. Which would be fine if you have 10,000+ images, but if you only have 50 or so, it would get old.[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread