[patch] New Feature - Support for non-latin languages in teletext (1 Viewer)

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi everyone,

I just submitted a patch in sourceforge that allows displaying non-latin languages (e.g Cyrillic, Greek, Turkish...) in teletext. Currently Arabic and Hebrew is not supported (although it appears in the selection dialog) because I cannot find the unicode characters for the corresponding character set tables of the ETSI documentation. If anyone speaking one of those two language can help, I can include the needed translation tables.

Also included in the patch is a fix (unfotrunately I cannot separate this fix because it changes the same files) for a problem with transparent mode in teletext when Font Smoothing or ClearType is enabled in Windows. In that case the text would appear having a pink (somewhat irregular) border. This has been fixed by using the alpha channel instead of color keying. Also because ClearType cannot work properly with either transparency or color-keying, I added an option in configuration to enable/disable Font Smoothing independently of system setting.

The patch can be found in http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1751453&group_id=107397&atid=647927

PS: Font smoothing and ClearType are not the same. ClearType uses LCD subpixel antialiasing while Font-Smoothing uses pixel antialiasing.

Cheers,
    arion_p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom