[PATCH] Setting For MCE Services Stop (1 Viewer)

iosub

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
San Sebastian
HI!

I have add a setting and also a new option on the application tab of SetupTV.exe to allow to Stop or not Stop MCE Service
The new value is "StopMCEservices" default "yes"

I have attach a JPG with a screenshoot and also the Diff file

Can any of the developers check and add this to next SVN version?

Thanks!

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    56.7 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry to sound thick (accused many times, lucky thick skinned :D)

What is the particular advantage of this, if using mce to do the recordings, surely you would not have TVServer or its plugin installed, so you could read\write dvr-ms files anyway.

What are the real benefits to anyone wishing to use this, is it designed for old recording access only, or mainly to use the mce TVEngine for recording reliability etc.

Just trying to get your exact thoughts, could well be used to promote your idea's for other user's, it's just i'm a little baffled as surely its easier to change the format of the file, so it may be used by a variety of applications.

Thanks for any answer, hope to be enlightened.

Regards

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Jajjajaja, I understand you..

Ok this is my setup

I have 2 computers (1 is client and also TvServer) and another Just MpClient.

On both computer I have MCE, and I also use the MCE for recording, Why?? Because the Schedule.. MP schedule is not good for me, In spain the showtimes is changed more that My Girlfriends changes their "Tampax" jajaja, so with the TvServer Schedule I can not trust if my tvSeries are recorded.. (Just because they change from 10pm to 11Pm) or they change a day of the show.. That's why I use many times MCE to record.. Also I need TVServer for recording DVB-S, that MCE does not work with

The problem is That I prefer to use MP for Playing, because a prefer this product.. SO if I let MP to stops MCE services then NO SHOWS ARE RECORDED... But I need TVserver for My DVB-S DVB-C tuners... SO I need both MCE and TvServer.

SO Until MP schedule is not as good as MCE.. I will keep MCE just as recorder engine..(For DVB-T) and MP for the rest of Tunners

That's why..

Graememac

Portal Member
    June 3, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,
    I also want to be able to do this.
    I have downloaded the zip file, but as I'm new to all this, I need some instructiions on how to install the patch.

Can you help me please.

fatt_fill

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi iosub. I'm fairly new to MP but have a similar setup to you it would seem and need MP to leave MCE untouched as like you my TV server components are running elsewhere so a conflict shouldn't exist?! I see on this post you attach a patch - is it possible to install patches and if so how - having the setting in the config would be very useful - even better would be having this in the svn (did you get anywhere with this battle?) - I'm running RC2 and the latest svn to date for both tv server and media portal and I can't see the option so I assume it's not yet possible off the shelf?

Cheers
    Phil

Trevor Payne

May 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi guys. New to MP, installed yesterday. Disabled WMC (Win 7 64). Still want to use WMC for many previous recorded TV files. Is this patch mentioned above still available? Not showing up with any of the links above? JPG file above shows what the result looks like? But can't seem to locate the patch?
    Kind regards Trevor

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys. New to MP, installed yesterday. Disabled WMC (Win 7 64). Still want to use WMC for many previous recorded TV files. Is this patch mentioned above still available? Not showing up with any of the links above? JPG file above shows what the result looks like? But can't seem to locate the patch?
    Kind regards Trevor
    In case your issue is still of relevance. MP2 can play WMC recordings out of the box and also contains a WMC-like skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom