[Approved] Patch to expose channelname of radio to skin instead of URL (webstreams) (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi.

Problem:
    For webstreams in My Radio, like DR Barometer the channelname is extracted in BASS player from the URL, in this example the name will be dr_barometer_128. Not pretty, heh?

Solution:
    Set #Play.Current.Title after playback starts in TVPlugin -> Radio:
    Code:
    GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#Play.Current.Title", item.Label);

I cannot find any sideeffects and this solution should also work even if you use the internal dshow player.

Patch against SVN 23859 is attached (the radio-part hasn't been changed since august anyway).

I have attached two screenshots with before/after. In my eyes this is more like a bug-fix than an improvement...you be the judge.

Attachments

• before.png
      before.png
      643.7 KB
    • after.png
      after.png
      643.2 KB
    • Patch for radioname exposed to skin instead of URL against SVN 23859.patch
      30.9 KB

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sorry but no place for new features/changes in skin engine. Will consider it to after 1.1.0

Simone

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hmmm...then you should remove the property from all other files also, as this is inconsistent all over :(

I don't really understand why such a "free" improvement won't be included. There is no risk of anything at all.

And don't "consider" it for MPII, in my opinion it is MANDATORY to expose this to the skin!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You COULD argue that the property actually should be set by the player (dshow or BASS) and not by the calling object, but then it would be a pretty big task to redo ;)

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You COULD argue that the property actually should be set by the player (dshow or BASS) and not by the calling object, but then it would be a pretty big task to redo ;)

And that we would not like to do :)

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    Yes, I would say it's a bugfix.

I think the current solution works correct, it's the problem on DR Barometer site.
    A lot of webradio stations send song titles and more information as only the stations name also song titles.

Old.jpg

and with the patch we have the station name in #Play.Current.Title and #Play.Current.Album

New.jpg

Losttown

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    OK...so is the name of a radiostation the Title or the Album? Or none?

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    None? I thought we might have everything :confused:

the perfect solution for us is : we check the state of #Play.Current.Artist, if is empty than we could easy change the #Play.Current.Title. Oder it destroy the right streamed Title (sky.fm and other).

Or you can ask by DR Barometer whether they could have added the rights informations in radio-stream and I put the Station in my favorite list on the first place :)

Best regards

Losttown

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom