[Rejected] Patch to expose recording status to skin (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    TVOverlay is also an IRenderLayer that is why it is registered in GUILayerManager and LayerType.TvOverlay is its layer id. All this is unrelated to control and window ids.

Regardless of the above, a skinner may choose to insert more controls in tvoverlay.xml. E.g. a recording pin that animates on WindowOpen/Close and stays on as long as the layer is visible and a message in a frame (label and an image) that fade in and out on WindowOpen i.e. when the layer becomes visible. Furthermore, in the future controls could be added to TvOverlay if deemed necessary and then we will run into the same problem again.

OK. But could the animation be fixed then. Can we agree that animations on controls in tvOverlay.xml are not executed on WindowOpen / Close?

IMHO tvOverlay should be stripped from the code, as I see very little point in having hardcoded layers on the screen. Is there any logical reason to keep it at all? (Well, besides maintaining compatibility that is).

This is the end of my discussion, I can see that you all made up your mind on keeping inflexible code. And I have solved my problem in my own plugin...what a waste of time :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom