Patch to fix auto-unmount of physical dvds (1 Viewer)

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
August 18, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1

Insert a physical DVD, and play it. When you press stop, MediaPortal will try to call DaemonTools' unmount procedure, even though this was a physical DVD that was not mounted.

Please consider the attached patch to correct the issue.

Thanks,
Travis

Attachments

• daemon_unmount.patch
    30.6 KB

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Unmount is also triggered before image file is mounted even if there is nothing mounted. This has been like this for ages. Just for curiosity what are the symptoms/side effects or errors seen now?

Btw. I would just check in unmount function that _MountedIsoFile has a value and virtual drive is accessible.

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Manfred, the side effect is that the DaemonTools splash screen displays during the unmount, and if the user has mounted something outside of MediaPortal, it will be unmounted without their knowledge. The splash screen was really the issue that was noticeable to me though :D

And my code could be relocated to within the Unmount procedure. One thing to consider and test if you do this: if the user mounts an image outside of MediaPortal, and then tries to play an ISO movie in MediaPortal, the _MountedIsoFile variable will be empty. With your proposed change, this would cause the DaemonTools unmount procedure not to be run in this instance.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Fair enough. By using VCD no problems as such exist like annoying message boxes ;) Unmount after playing stopped was added to speed up mounting procedure (5sec to <1sec). It is good to have check for that and work is ongoing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom