pause-function: live-tv dont restarts after 2 minutes (1 Viewer)

josu

Portal Pro
March 14, 2006
Kassel, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
nothing in log-files to see, restart after a few seconds possible,
but not after a few minutes.
Client and mp freezes.:(

Somebody the same effect ?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Can't think of anything at the moment, but if you post your MP log files then there may be some useful information.

Start MP. Go straight to TV, watch for 30 seconds. Pause then try to restart after three minutes.
    If it fails, then go to MediaPortal/logs and attach your mediaportal.log file here.

Make sure you follow the order as described above so the file isn't massive.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I can confirm this & as always @ this time of night, I'll retest tomorrow with a fresh head/system/logs/etc ;)

Regards
    Roy

josu

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2006
    Kassel, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

with a fresh head/system/logs/etc:) :) :) :)
    thats really good.

The pause-function is really important because I must go to WC :D :D

Or I must think about this solution:oops:

josu

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2006
    Kassel, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can't think of anything at the moment, but if you post your MP log files then there may be some useful information.

Start MP. Go straight to TV, watch for 30 seconds. Pause then try to restart after three minutes.
    If it fails, then go to MediaPortal/logs and attach your mediaportal.log file here.

Make sure you follow the order as described above so the file isn't massive.

I will try it, but the PC hangs up and I must make a hard-reset.

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been having this problem for a while now. seems to be simalar to this:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/network_clients_dont_work_freezes-t18785.html

As mentioned if you resume playbak after just a few secs then all is ok but but if it's a few minutes then the stream plays for a split second then freezes. if you don't touch anything else just click back a step (15secs default) then it starts to paly again(Same workaround in the above thread) however if you try to do anything else like pressing pause again or going back to the guide or anything then look forward to ctrl-alt-del>"End Task" for MP. It will be really sweet to have this fixed :)

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Na, scrap that work around I just tried it again and it didn't work! Just crashed. MP seems to go to 100% CPU when it happens too. :-(

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    For the test (in use)
    TVE3 (Server)
    MP Client (laptop)

Start MP Client & Open MyTV, select a channel -> (fullscreen or home - it's the same), watch some minutes & then hit "Pause" & leave it for some minutes -> then hit "Play" again.
    MP Client freeze & doesn't respond for a long time, if you leave it it will respond but TV picture has frozen..

This does not occur where TVE3 & plugin it's on the same computer..

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread