PBDA DVB drivers (support for diseqc) (1 Viewer)

barnish

January 15, 2009
Hi,

I believe the new Microsoft Protected Broadcast Driver Architecture (PBDA) has Diseqc support as part of the specification. I have a Pinnacle DVB card in which Diseqc switch control works properly in Vista MCE TVpack2008 and I believe this is working via the PBDA driver.

Will Mediaportal ever support Diseqc switch control via the PBDA driver standard?

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/broadcast/pbda/pbda_spec.mspx

I understand that the original BDA standard did not include a standard Diseqc interface so support has been patchy in the past due to every manufacturer implementing a different Diseqc control method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Replies
Views
Hello again The installation instructions are provided in the first post of the thread that I linked. The only difference with the 1.6 patch is there is no longer a TsWriter in the patch, and instruction 4 does not apply (there's only one TVLibrary.dll provided). Please make sure you take a backup! ;) As per the installation...
Hello again The installation instructions are provided in the first post of the thread that I linked. The only difference with the...
My installation is new. Have 4 Quattro LNBs connected to a Multiswitch and to a TBS6922 card and a TBS5922SE USB tuner. It all...
Replies
Views
After changing all those frequencies to equivalent C-band frequencies, and making sure the band type is set to C-band (band="2" in the xml import file), they worked. When the band type was set to Circular (band="1") and the originally scanned frequencies were used, they did not work. This is only true with the TBS card, I did NOT...
After changing all those frequencies to equivalent C-band frequencies, and making sure the band type is set to C-band (band="2" in...
After the experience with the stupid Prof 7301 tuners that would not allow you to have more than one installed in a system at the...
Replies
Views
Problem solved. PLEASE NOTE that this post ONLY applies for users in North America. If you live elsewhere in the world this probably does not apply to you. Before I begin, a huge THANK YOU to mm1352000 for his assistance in getting this working! This turned out to be a big part of the solution, but just keep in mind that if you...
Problem solved. PLEASE NOTE that this post ONLY applies for users in North America. If you live elsewhere in the world this...
Please help! Brand new MediaPortal user here (just installed it today) and I am trying to make it work with my 5 satellite dishes...
Replies
Views
I just wanted to post a very short mini-review of these two cards here. Note that I did not attempt to use the remote control that came with either card, and that these tuners are being used at a location in the USA. The Prof Revolution S2 7301 card is an excellent single-tuner card that for the most part just works. You install...
I just wanted to post a very short mini-review of these two cards here. Note that I did not attempt to use the remote control that...
I just wanted to post a very short mini-review of these two cards here. Note that I did not attempt to use the remote control that...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom