PC freezes when switching LiveTV to analog channels (1 Viewer)

LucaC

August 4, 2009
Home Country
Italy Italy
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 6000+
HDD: Seagate sata2 500Gb
Memory: Kingston HyperX 4Gb DDR2
Motherboard: Asus M3N-H
Video Card: Nvidia 8300 built-in in M/B chipset
Video Card Driver: 6.14.11.7521
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi eXtreme
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.6.1186
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-2200
1. TV Card Type: 2 DVB-T + 2 analog
1. TV Card Driver: 7.6.27.27223
2. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy HT PCI
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T + analog
2. TV Card Driver: 3.1.1.27
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC - MPEG2 (Gabest)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC - MPA
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC-16MR
Cooling: case's built-in
Power Supply:
Remote: Imon PAD
TV: Samsung Pdp
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Hello, i write this post after many days spent trying to configure Mediaportal to work on my HTPC. I managed to solve many configuration problems 'til now, thanks to long hours spent between forum threads and support infos... i never gave up as i think Mediaportal is the best MediaCenter available for windows HTPC, so i came to a quite stable installation, that works nearly flawlessly on my HTPC (MANY thanks to all guys who helped with their GREAT work)!
But the problem i'm facing this time seems unsolvable to me and i write 'cause i'm completely stuck with it...
The problem is the following: a few days ago, while watching LiveTV, i switched to an analog channel and after a few seconds, right at the moment the TV stream should have started, the PC freezed showing a blue screen. The status was unrecoverable and i had to reboot manually. After reboot, every try ended the same way, both switching from DVB-T channels to analog and activating LiveTV directly on an analog channels - only the screen color on freeze changed from blue to white or black.
Thinking it was a decoder issue, i selected a different video codec (from MPC to Intervideo) and the issue disappeared: i was once again able to watch analog channels. I thought the problem was solved, but after a pair of days the issue was back just as before, preventing me from watching analog channels again. I then selected another codec in MP configuration (Nero Video Decoder) and once again the issue disappeared for a while thus being back after 1/2 days.
So i tried the following steps:
- Retune analog channels in MP Configuration: works for a short while, then issue is back;
- Mediaportal complete uninstall and reinstallation: works for a short while as retuning does;
- MS SQL Server 2005 complete uninstall and reinstallation: doesn't affect at all the issue;
- Installation of different versions of Nvidia drivers (incl. latest): works for a bit longer while, then issue is back;
- Deselecting Fastwrite in video card drivers: doesn't affect at all the issue;
- Turning off shadowing mode in all BIOS settings: doesn't affect at all the issue;
- Changing capture card priority in MP configuration: doesn't affect at all the issue;
- Activating and/or deactivating HVR-2200 tuners in MP configuration in turn (usually Cinergy HT PCI is deactivated in my MP configuration): doesn't affect the issue;
- Running dxdiag and testing DirectDraw acceleration: no problems found;
- Disabling video hardware acceleration: MP doesn't startup.
Every time i make a change in video codecs, video card drivers or analog channels tuning, the issue disppears for a while, but comes back after a short while and then prevents me from watching analog TV even for a long time until next change.
I really don't know what else could i try... the issue is probably related to communication between MP and video card drivers or something like this... actually, my PC is very stable and i face no issue in every other application i use: no issue in Hauppauge WinTV, nor in Terratec Home Cinema, nor in graphics applications, nor in video players... the issue takes place only in Mediaportal!
I tried to collect .log files for the issue, but i couldn't as it causes unrecoverable PC crashes, preventing MP logs collector from collecting clean .log files; anyway i attach .log files collected when the issue disappears and analog channels are viewable.

PLEASE can someone help a stuck MP user? Thanks for your consideration!

LucaC

August 4, 2009
Home Country
Italy Italy
Sorry about that, i noticed log files where corrupted. Here i attach correct log files for Mediaportal in its good working, analog channels displaying status.

Please someone give me an advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom