PCHDtv 3000 - can't find channels, plus other weirdness (1 Viewer)

KalTorak

January 18, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: The standalone one, so what, 3?
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: none
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: P4 Xeon (Prestonia, I think)
HDD: yeah, some of those
Memory: 2gig DDR-333
Motherboard: Intel 7525-based
Video Card: Nvidia 8800-based
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: PCHDtv 3000
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver: Aye, there's the rub

I've got Comcast (Sacramento, technically Folsom) cable plugged straight into the coax jack.

Big symptom - when I ask TV Server to scan channels on the ATSC Conexant BDA ATSC Tuner/Demod, I get no channels. Checking the QAM box (which would make sense, what with me running cable and all) doesn't help, and none of the QAM tuning frequencies dropdown choices seem to influence the outcome.

But then it gets stranger... I read Paul S's notes on how he got a similar setup to work (though it's unclear whether he was tuning OTA or cable), and I tried to build his graph by hand in GraphEdit. I can't.
When I attempt to connect the MPEG2 Transport output pin of Conexant BDA ATSC Tuner/Demod to (what I think is an) MPEG2 Transport input of Conexant 2388x Transport Stream Capture, I get the following error dialog:
Code:
These filters cannot agree on a connection.  Verify type compatibility of input pin and output pin.
No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.  (Return code: 0x80040217)

The other strange part is, when I ignore the graph completely and simply scan for channels, I can look in the tv.log file and see everything's got a strength of 3 and a quality of 0. If I unplug the cable from the card, I still see a strength of 3 and a quality of 0. If I use a different wall jack and different cable,I see a strength of 3 and a quality of 0...

I'd just assume it's a bad tuner, based on that last one, but that doesnt' explain the graph problem. Did I maybe screw up a driver somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom