PCHDTV card HD-3000 (1 Viewer)

hd3kmonger

May 27, 2009
Maine
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello, I have been avoiding Windows for some years, until the W7 beta and now the RC-1 release.
Since W7 was being so good in other respects, I decided to try my pchdtv hd-3000 card on w7. Not much luck with windows home media center. Googling around, I ended up here.
Noticing there was a pchdtv post here in january, this year, maybe I could ask for and give help here.
I spent some time installing both from the tar file on pchdtv website. and my own cdrom supplied with the card.
Since this is my first post, if I may just leave a block of questions, and maybe others could help me not reinvent the wheel, and also get me up to speed on this forum.
The box: It is a Knoppmyth Dragon V1.0, the only mods, more memory and a Zapstream remote.
It works the hd3000 card ok with OTA ATSC, or basic cable/air NTSC. It was tooling along well with Knoppmyth with ATSC antenna skipping commercials and so forth some years ago (the year the superbowl had the stones midtime).
AMD 2.6 or so, 1.5GB memory, dual boots to PCLinuxOS. So I know the hardware works.
Waited too long for PCLOS to get its mythtv going, and in meantime discovered W7 is actually a good product to come.
Today I tried: Installing drivers manually as posted years ago by a member here.
The card is found by W7 media center, but it says it can't get good tuning.
In MP, it seems to be found ok, it is a single hybrid, so i have tried different modes, one of which crashes the server setup (the ntsc analog i believe). The other choices it will scan for channels and find nothing.
Is W7 hijacking the card? In linux, I have used process managers to find this, but W7 I don't see anything obvious.
A burning question is my Samsung hl-t5076 has an ATSC off air tuner and another f connector for OTA ntsc/cable. I have basic cable, for local channels only as my Directivo non HD will not get local bird.
I get the usual basic channels 2-100+whatever, but in some ch 80 or 102, 105, etc, I get HD 1080i or 720P rebroadcast from locals on the regular cable/tv antenna input. Is it just ota hd on a cable channel or are they making it QAM? Anyway never able to see those with any OS on the hd3k card. TWC analog basic, not even the regular full analog.
I was about to go out and buy a windows usb hd receiver till I googled my pchdtv cards again. For one thing I own 5 HD-3000 cards, and secondly, these new ones probably have the Digital Restrictions Management flag built in and waiting.
In the graphex, one of the filters I was supposed to select isn't in the list etc. And I am new to that application.
And point me to log file/ bug posting rules here please.
Thanks for your open source efforts, even if it is on the 'other side'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom