PCIe not recognized! (1 Viewer)

Houston_Kris

August 9, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi everybody! First time poster, long time visitor. I recently decided to build a HTPC. Specs as follows:

Mobo: BIOSTAR A880G+ AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
CPU: AMD Athlon II x3 450 Processor 3.2 Ghz
Memory: 4GB (2x2GB)
Graphics: Onboard ATI 4250
TV Tuner: Hauppauge 2250
HD: WD green 2TB
TV: 58" Plasma Samsung

So, I am having trouble getting the TV tuner recognized. It does not show up in device manager. I have tried swapping mother boards, tried different PCIe cards and nothing. The only thing I can think of is it might be a setting in the BIOS that I am missing. I must admit I am not too familiar with the BIOS settings for BIOSTAR. I included some screen shots though to see if you might catch something I didn't. Windows, drivers, and BIOS are up to date.

Thanks!
Kris

Attachments

• Main.jpg
    Main.jpg
    502.9 KB
  • Advanced.jpg
    Advanced.jpg
    387.1 KB
  • PCIpnp.jpg
    PCIpnp.jpg
    536.6 KB
  • PCI resources.JPG
    PCI resources.JPG
    421 KB
  • PCI express config.JPG
    PCI express config.JPG
    392.2 KB
  • NB.JPG
    NB.JPG
    392.5 KB
  • NB-SB.JPG
    NB-SB.JPG
    337.1 KB
  • SB.JPG
    SB.JPG
    392.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Welcome to the forum Kris! :)
    I take it you installed the drivers from Hauppauge (or maybe tried to install them and they couldn't find the device???), rebooted, and then the tuner still didn't show in device manager?

mm

Houston_Kris

August 9, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the welcome and the reply. Thats exactly what is going on. The tuner is not being picked up by device manager. I tried to install the drivers but couldn't since the device was not detected. Pulling my hair out on this one....

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Kris

As much as I hate to say it, you *might* have a faulty card there. Having said that, not all motherboards support x1 cards in x16 slots even though the standard says it should work - personal experience talking there. I wouldn't set the PCIe slot width to x1 - I would leave that at default. I'd also update to the latest BIOS if possible, then if it still doesn't work I'd be looking to try it in a friend's computer. Basically you have to determine whether it is the card or the mobo that is the problem...

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom