PCSX2 commandline issues (1 Viewer)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey all,

I have been trying to get PCSX2 to go on my emulators, no luck so far.
I found this thread here which is usefull to load my iso files with, so far so good.
So what I did was pointing the new emulator to pcsx2ConfigSaver.exe.

Inside configsaver I named one of my games, kingdom hearts, as Kingdom Hearts.iso, the exact filename. I did this because configsaver expects an argument on the commandline with this name but my emulators sends out the complete rom path + name?

So what I would like my emulators to do is execute something like this;
F:\emulators\PCSX2\pcsx2ConfigSaver.exe "Kingdom Hearts.iso" (the iso bit could be left out if my emulators can pass it along without the extension).
I can't get this to work (yet) though. is My emulators using a full path to the game as an argument?

p.s.
I have seen other ways to work with PCSX2 inside MP but all of those seem not that practical so far.

-----EDIT-----
I figured it out myself just now, using a bit of this post.

This is what I came up with as arguments;
%ROM% -skipbios -cfg "F:\pathtolatest_pcsx2_beta_build\inis\pcsx2.ini"

Be sure to configure PCSX2 first and set an ISO plugin, not a general cd/dvd plugin

Beware though; there are versions out there that have a broken commandline interface (I believe the latest stable, 0.9.6, is one of them). I tested all this on build 1736

------EDIT2------

If anyone figures out how to make PCSX2 start fullscreen thru commandline please let us (or at least me) know!

------EDIT3------
figured it out, had to copy paste some ini's to pcsx2.ini to have those settings load

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What did you copy paste to the inis to get it to full screen. I have been using auto it. I would love to know what you did. Thanks.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well I kinda didn't explain things right.

When launching it this way you can only load 1 ini file, not multiple. So therefore alll settings that are seperated across all inis know need to be in one (custom, but I just abused pcsx2.ini, which seems to work ok) file in order to load them in one go.
So I opened up pcsx2.ini, copied the contents of the videoplugin ini and some stuff for my controller (lillypad)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
GSDX works a little better for me so that's the one I'm using.
ZeroGS is not supported anymore anyways and hangs for me when trying to shutdown the emulator (the known dx9 problem of having the latest screen there but windows desktop active, which then flickers thru the latest image of the emulator)

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
what specifically did you do with the gsdx ini? I set windowed=0 and it still wont full screen for me.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I copy pasted the settings (all of them!) of gdsx to the ini I load with my commandline.
It's important that you copy all of them, just windowed=0 won't cut it.
Also maybe you have a different build then me. Just new to this whole PCSX2 thing (tried it before only to not have it working at all, a long time back) and love it so far btw. Compatibility is quite good!

Do you maybe know of some must have games?
Already have
- kingdom hearts 1 en 2
- God of War
- Metal gear solid 3 (already played 1 and 2 on pc, metal gear solid on msx :))

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
I dont think we understood each other. I have copied all the ini of gsdx to pcsx2.ini but what did you change in the gsdx ini to make it auto full screen? I cant get it to do that. For the must haves you should search for top 25 ps2 games, some that I have are both castlevanias (I am a fan) Resident Evil 4 (amazing) Shadow of the colussus.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Attached my inis in a zip, maybe you can figure it out cause I'm not sure what the problem is then. Works for me just fine

Attachments

• inis.zip
    30.6 KB

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
Hey sorry it took so long to get back. I have entered the exact same ini as you and I still have problems. This seems more like a pcsx2 forum problem than MP, but I will try to post a screen shot of what my prob is. Basically it will go full screen but then I can still see the taskbar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom