PDA / Mobile Phone Remote Music control (1 Viewer)

ManOnMoon

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
Germany
Hi guys,

I think I'm searching now around two years for the "perfect" mediacenter software. On essential point for being perfect is that I can pick and choose my music without switching one the TV. After some experiments with a small secondary TFT display I came to the point that it makes more sense to use a display or device that is already available. So in my opinion using a PDA or a mobile is the best solution for that.
So the question was what do I need to be displayed on this remote. In my opinion that are the central features:
- Playlist
- Actual playing
- Coverart
So I began the search for a Mediacenter with this capabilities:
- XP and VISTA MCE with NetRemote can
- LinuxMCE does
- Xlobby comes with a great PDA remote interface
- ITunes can be controlled with Salling Clicker in a great way
- Media Portal does not have any stable solution for this
Honestly besides these requirements Media portal is unbeaten - it has a great TV engine and a great range of features and plug-ins. It is nearly possible to configure everything with MediaPortal but its a shame that there is no equal functionality. If anyone has a glue to achieve this goal I would greatly appreciate this efforts!

Thanks!

scirocco790

Portal Pro
December 7, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
A Pocket PC Client that acts as a two-way remote would be perfect! Think about the possibilities if you can control your mp from everywhere...
Things like programming the tvserver from your pocket pc phone edition via vpn...
I´m not a coder, but i think this could be realised with a webserver running on the mp machine.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom